Chapter 13~Lets Talk

Recap
Her words put me at ease somewhat because in a way she's right. I've only seen the bad side.
*****
(This chapter may have some bad language)

"Dinner's ready!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. I've recomposed myself and told myself to try to forget about the past for now and have a fresh start with Ethan. First of all he was right, we really need to talk.

I run downstairs skipping each step at a time, Ethan hot on my trail. We both sniff the air once we reach the bottom step.

"Mmm lasagna."

"Lasagna." Ethan and I say in sync before smiling at each other.

As I'm about to sit Ethan stops me giving a small smile. "Here, let me." He says as he pulls out the chair for me.

"When were you a gentleman?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

He sits down putting a hand over his chest with a hurt expression, "Uh, I am hurt that you say that Leya." With his deep voice, him acting childish makes it funnier.

I giggle before looking towards my parents. My father has a slight glare directed towards Ethan, while my mother is just beaming.

We begin to eat when my mom starts to shoot questions left and right mostly about our relationship.

"So, how did you two meet." She asks excitedly.

I begin to tell my side first. "Well, Chassidy dragged me out to celebrate my birthday and when I left the table to throw out things I smelled the most amazing smell. When I opened my eyes I saw Ethan." I end my story with a small smile tugging my lips.

When I look up from my plate I see my mother beaming at me and my father parting from his glare to give me a small smile. I blush biting my lip and look down again realizing I pobably got lost in the memory and sounded distant in thought. I'm too embarrassed to even look up to see Ethan's expression, but once he begins saying his part of the story I steal a glance.

"I was at the mall when I smelt vanilla and strawberries. I didn't even realize I was parting from them until Jackson came and blocked my view. Even then I pushed passed him and wouldn't stop moving until I found Leya, my mate." He smiled. "That's about it." He sighs.

My mom squeals as my father looks at Ethan skeptically. "That is so cute!"

"So why were you gone so long Leya." My mother asks.

As I'm about to answer my 'brother walks in the kitchen to look through the fridge as he answers for me.

"They probably fucked all night, you know." As he takes a gulp of water he continues. "You know your daughter's a slut, so imagine how she'd act with her ma-"

He gets cut off by my father's booming voice, "JACKSON ENOUGH!"

Jackson glares at my father, but doesn't say a word. He just scoffs and walks off. "I'll deal with him later." I hear him mumble as he uses his thumb to ease up his brows.

"We apologize on hos behalf Alpha King." My father says with all seriousness in his voice.

When I hear no response from Ethan I look towards him to find his body trembling in anger and eyes already obsidean black. I lightly touch his shoulder and whisper in his ear, "Ethan calm down. I'm fine. What he said didn't effect me."

Slowly, my mates eyes begin to turn blue.

I decide now's a good time to answer there question. "Well, as you see on my arm I got hurt by a rogue-"

My parents growl cuts me off. "We're sorry we weren't there to help you, sweetie." My mother apologizes.

I give a short laugh, "Mom it's okay, Ethan saved me. That's why I was gone for so long, he insisted I heal a bit more before I came to visit."