Chapter 30.

The grumpy small redhead stomped behind the two taller males in front of him, an obvious frown present on his features at all times. He had been forced to go look for a stupid stick by the stupid tree, for the stupid order of the sparrow thing with Jasper. He didn't want to be there, but of course, he had too. As he walked, he muttered a few things under his breath.
As they all got to the tree, Jasper ran over.

"Here it is!" He shouted out, excitedly.

As he ran towards the tree, he didn't see that there was a cliff, he tripped, and fell right off.

"Jasper!" David shouted out as he ran over and-

"Wait!" Max interrupted. "You already told me this story!" He shouted.

David sighed. "No, Max. You haven't. I made up half of the story i told you, Max. I'm not sugarcoating anything this time.." David said, frowning.

Max frowned, and gently pet Peak-a-boo as David began to continue the story.

"Jasper!" David shouted as he reached out for the blonde's hand.

But Jasper couldn't reach Davey's hand.

The blonde lost his hold on the log he clung too, and slipped.

Jasper screamed, and David desperately tried to grab him before he was so far out of reach.

A large thud followed by the screaming ending, and Jasper's body, laid on the ground below, visible to the young redhead.

David's vision began to blur as tears formed in the corners of his eyes.

"H-h-he's dead.." David forced out in a trembling voice. "He's dead.. And we witnessed it.."

"We didn't witness anything." Mr.Campbell's voice spoke from behind the young boy.

David didn't hear him, he just stared at the body down below.

He felt someone grab him by the hair, roughly pulling him to his feet, and his head was pulled back as a blade was placed against his neck.

A thin, not so deep cut began to be made across his neck.

David screamed, beginning to kick, and squirm as blood began to run down his neck.

A thin line was cut right across his throat, but it didn't cut deep, it didn't puncture anything vital, but the blood just poured down his neck, as he sobbed, and begged.

"Clearly this man has no idea how to do the job right." Daniel interrupted, wrapping an arm around his precious David. Jen was the same way, she had slit people's throats but didn't cut deep enough to puncture the airway.
Ashely hushed him, and so did Max.

David continued off again.

He begged for his life. He tried to strike a deal.

And he did.

"Please, pl-please," He sobbed. "Please let me live!" He begged, and sobbed. "I promise I won't tell anyone what happened, but please let me live!"

Cameron let go, causing David to stumble and trip.

"Really?" Cameron raised a brow. "Well, I Can let you go as long as you don't tell anyone." He took a few steps towards David. "And if you do tell anyone, I will finish what I started here." Cameron said, picking David up by the arm as he began to walk back to the camp, letting the kid bleed out, and didn't even both to try and stop the blood.

By the time they got back, David was about to pass out, he was dizzy, lightheaded, and he felt sick.

As soon as he tried to go to the other councilors, he collapsed, his vision blurry, and everything began to get dark.

He saw the female counselor, Darla, run over, concerned, and frightened.

When David woke up, Darla by his side, watching over him. She had placed some water near him, and had the cut stitched and bandaged up.

"Hey little guy," Darla said, gently patting the small boy's head. "How are you feeling?"

As David tried to sit up, Darla gently put him back down.

"Hey, don't sit up, just rest, okay?" She said, sighing.

David still felt lightheaded and dizzy, but he was alive, and that was all that mattered.

He was alive.

David now had Daniel's arm wrapped around him, his mother hugging him close, wishing she knew about this when it happened. Max hugged David, whose head hung low, thinking about all of that.

Ashely got up, rushing to the phone and picking it up.

"Mom, what are you doing?" David asked, standing up.

"Im calling the cops, this asshole had already done enough, I've seen how he treats you, and he is paying you less than minimum wage. And then I find out about this! I'm done!" Ashely said as she picked up the phone.

"Mom..." David walked over, taking the phone from his mother.

"David." She held out her hand for the phone.

"Mom, this could get me in trouble, more than him." David sighed.

Daniel stood up and walked over to David.

"I could always kill him for you David"

No, that's not what he said.

"David, if he is going to do anything to you, he'll have to deal with me." Daniel wrapped his arms around him.

"Yeah! He can deal with him!" Max joined in.

David hesitated for a moment, before setting the phone in his mother's hand.

He could trust Daniel, right?

Yeah..

He can..

A knock at the door stops Ashely from calling.

"Daniel, dear, could you go get the door?" Ashely asked.

"Yes, I can, Ashely." He nodded and walked off to the door, opening it.

Flower scouts.

Daniel sighed, looking down at the girls for less than a minute before shutting the door.

"I'm not interested in any girl scout cookies." He said, walking back over to David.

3 more knocks.

Daniel groaned and walked back to the door.

"I don't want your fucking cookies." He said, opening the door.

Buddy ran over to the door, causing Tabii with one eye to scream.

"EW GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed and used a box of cookies to defend herself from the big dog.

Buddy was more interested in Sasha, who had a plate of cookies to hand out, and since buddy was nearly the same height as them, he easily took three of the cookies and ran inside.

Ashely was on the phone, while David silently sat on the couch.

Daniel shut the door again, and walked over to David, giving him a gentle kiss on the lips, gently taking David's hand.

He wasn't going to ever let David be put in harms way again, he wanted the redhead to be happy again.

He was going to make sure that it happened.

//aaaaaaaa! Another chapter! Woo!