"What was that all about?" Lucy whispered to Cat as she lagged and held Cat back as well.

"I'm worried about Emily. I didn't want to leave her out here alone," Cat whispered back before dashing out after Jace's vanishing figure as he stepped out onto the pavement outside and the restaurant door closed in behind him.

Lucy felt a moment's discomfit, for here she was so lost in her own ridiculous longings for Jace that she failed to be the responsible elder sister that she should have been. Lucy hurried after Cat and on nearing the exit she broke into a run, hearing some shouts and scuffles outside the door.

"Jace!" Lucy called out in fear, seeing him in a fist fight with a random stranger. Spotting Cat and Emily huddled tearfully in a corner, Lucy rushed over to them and demanded, "What happened?"

"That guy was hitting on Emily and was not taking no for an answer. He was saying some awful stuff to her. I heard him call her a hoe and then Jace was throwing a fist his way and all hell broke loose," replied Cat, with an unusual amount of drama for her normally stoic self. Lucy could see she was very shaken over this.

"Stay with her," she ordered then, looked around for something she could use that would help. Spotting a metal lid on a nearby garbage bin, Lucy rushed over to tug it off. Gripping the lid with both hands she dived into the fury to smash the lid against the assailant's head. It was not a hard smack, but it was sufficient to get his attention away from poor Jace.

Long enough for Jace to tackle the dude from the back as he came at Lucy and send them all sprawling to the hard ground beneath. Not exactly what Lucy had on mind in interfering. She winced as pain shot through from every point of contact with the earth but Lucy was glad that Jace managed to use the leverage of having pinned the assailant between them to throw in one final knockout punch.

Then it was twice as worse as before, for now the weight of the unconscious dude pressed down onto her. But thankfully, not for long, for a moment later, Jace was shoving him off and asking Lucy urgently, "Are you okay?"

Lucy only managed a nod as she tried not to wince as he tugged her up. She was not too bad considering the level of impact. Her sensible choice in clothing had served to ward off the worst of the damage. Jace ran his hands over her dusting down as he went and caressing too. In no time at all, Lucy was back to flushing red again.

"Come," he called out to the twins, while still staring down at her, "I'll take you two homes and then...," he paused to consider Lucy, "then, you and I, are heading back out for a night in the town."

Lucy gulped staring helplessly into his blue gaze but nodded her head willingly, after all, she knew better than most that resistance-was-futile.

The stopover to drop the twins off took longer than anticipated. Lucy had to make sure they were alright and not too shaken up over the ordeal. But rambunctious Cat and Emily had rebounded quickly enough. Having watched Lucy leap into the fray cautions aside helped them resolve to toughen up.

So, she took her time instead to freshen up and change into a tighter, ass-fitting jeans legging. Lucy applied her usual dab of mascara over her shoddy attempt at a smoky eye look. Lucy took a step back to peruse her appearance. She now sported a sleeveless and flimsy white collared shirt and her only pair of semi-high heeled shoes. Lucy had aimed high to put the h on hot but had to settle for the just t at the very end. With her limited resources, skills included, this was the best she could do.

She strutted out with as much swagger as she could manage, determined to give this night a go. This was her first date ever, and it was fitting that it would be with her first kiss. She stared with blatant admiration as Jace got up from the sofa he had been patiently occupying all this while, to come around to her side. She held her breath and tried not to hyper ventilate as his heady scent hit her low where it mattered, and she was reeling in the essence that was all Jace.