Chapter 6 - Pinch Me I think I'm Dreaming

"So you'll never guess what happened today ?!" Bella and I sat down on my bed. She was staying over the night, it was kind of our weekly routine - Bella would sleepover at my house on a Friday and then the next day we would spend the whole day with the horses and then we would do something not horsey (shopping or movies) Saturday night and then spend another day with the horses on Sunday. But tomorrow was different because we were both taking Raj and Moose up to a sporting competition and would be staying the night at the Comp grounds.

"Kenz tell me what happened!" Bella nagged.
I began telling her about meeting Matt and then the jumping and how he said he thought I was good and then the trail and then falling off and then Maddie and then how we came home and said bye.

"Speak of the devil!" I joked when I saw that a text from Matt had come through.

M- Hi Kenzie, I really enjoyed today, it was good for Chase to get out and relax out of the arena. Would we be able to do it again tomorrow?

I read the text out loud to Bella.
"What do I say!" I asked.

"No idea" she texted someone on her own phone then switched it off and slammed it on the bed.

"What's the matter Bels?" I comforted her.
"Tyler wants to meet up tomorrow. He says this relationship won't work if I spend so much time with my horses. He doesn't understand my competitive life, that I'm serious about this, that it's not a game!" She cried.
"Did you tell him tomorrow was a fun competition and that he should come watch? Maybe he will find it interesting?"
She agreed and called him.
While they were talking I left her alone and went to the kitchen to retrieve some snacks.
When I returned her tears had vanished and she was laughing into the phone.
"Okay, see you tomorrow. Bring enclosed shoes cause Moose is clumsy!" She jokes and then hung up.
"He said he would come! He is going to go home after my last event though because he has to study for his final exam on Monday" she informed me "but enough about me, tell me what Matt said!"
I repeated the message he had sent back to her and then drafted a message.

K- Hi, glad you enjoyed it. Sorry I can't meet tomorrow, Bella and I have the SMGA champs with Moose and Raj and we will be staying over at the Comp grounds. Maybe another time?

"Send it!" Bella urged.
He replied instantly

M- That's ok, who's Bella and Moose? And what's SMGA Champs?

K- Haha! Bella is my best friend and Moose is one of her horses. Chase was in a paddock with her two horses Red and Moose and they got along really well! Bella helped look after Chase with me.
K- SMGA Champs is an annual sporting competition and you have to come top 3 in 5 comps throughout the year to qualify. Bella and I qualified through Pony Club and Equestrian Australia. SMGA stands for Sydney Mounted Games Association.

M- Oh ok! I'll have to meet Bella, anyway hehe fun! Who's going?

K- Me, Bella, Bella's Boyfriend Tyler, Bella's mum, my mum and then some friends that qualified!

M- Oh I have to go - Maddie is calling...

"Omg I will get to meet Matt Harnacke!" Bella fangirled.

"Bels it's 11.26pm! We have to be up at 4.45am! I'm going to bed." I told her.
"Alright Kenz you Party pooper." She joked.

|The Next Day (5.00am)|

"Shit! Bels wake up!" I tried to wake Bella up.
"W-what?" She opened her eyes.
"It's 5 we are meant to be dressed and with the horses!"
"Oh no" Bella jumped out of bed and ran to her over night bag.
She threw on some tights and a gym shirt and some gum boots then packed her joddies, tall boots, socks, belt and PC shirt and a helmet into a bag. I did the same. Within record time we were braiding our hair and brushing our teeth.
I grabbed some snacks then jumped into the golf cart. I was soon joined by Bella who was carrying a pillow.
"What! I'm tired!" She defended her self.

I made my way up to Raj's stall. I gave him breakfast then put his travel boots on and his back on track mesh rug, then packed the car. Bella was going up with my mum and I and then her mum and Tyler were meeting us up there and leaving after our last event.
Bella lead Moose out of the stall, he was wearing his travel boots and had his light rug on. We loaded both the horses up without any difficulties, checked we had everything and then got in the car and left.

Bella had fallen asleep and I had been texting my cousin when a text from Matt appeared on my screen.

M- Hi! I was wondering since I have nothing to do today maybe I could come watch your sporting? I've never been to a sporting comp and I could meet Bella too!
K- are you forgetting about Chase? Bringing him into work? Plus what would Maddie think?
M- Chase will be fine until tomorrow and plus since when did having a girlfriend make it not ok to have friends?
K- Good point. Okay the address is 56 Lightly Avenue. Bella and my first event is at 8am and we will be parked somewhere at the back!
M- Okay thanks. Can't wait! I'm sure Maddie will be able to cope with me being with you and your friends!

We said good bye then I looked out the window, slowly falling asleep.

Bella and I were awoken by my mum who was violently shaking us.
"I cannot unload those two maniacs! I tried!" She admitted.
Mum had never in her life had to deal with a horse that didn't self load, dad or I had to deal with them.
Bella and I yawned then climbed out the car and towards the float. Raj was quickly unloaded without trouble and I questioned wether my mother had even bothered to try. Then Bella attempted to unload Moose, which didn't go to plan. The big gelding side stepped off the ramp and yanked the lead rope out of Bella's hands. He then took off down towards the incoming traffic, almost tripping on his lead multiple times. Within seconds I had tied Rajs lead like reins and was on his back chasing Moose. A black Toyota slammed on breaks, spooking the already agitated horse who reared up. The driver of the car got out and tried to grab Moose's lead which was flapping in the wind.
"Be careful! I'm coming!" I shouted out while I hurried to Moose.
As I got closer the person who was helping Moose became clearer.
"Matt?" I shouted.
"Oh hey Kenzie! Is this your horse?" He had managed to calm him down and was patting his neck.
"Uh no, it's Bella's. His name is Moose."
"What a great name!" He said.
I rode Raj back to Bella and towed Moose behind. Matt followed in his car.

|10 Minutes Later|

"Omg I just met THE Matt Harnacke! Omg Omg!" Bella squealed when Matt went to the bathroom.
"I know it still hasn't sunk in yet!" I squealed back.

|Kenzie + Bella's Partner Games Finals|

"Go go go!" I could hear mum shout from the side line.
"Almost there Kenz!" Matt encouraged.
We did it! Bella and I came first in the team games finals!
We colIected our ribbons and then rode back to the float. I ungracefully dismounted and fell into Matt's arms (he was holding Rajs reins for me). I looked up into his eyes. He smiled and I smiled back. We leant closer together.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Maddie appeared out of no where.
"M-Maddie I never knew you did mounted games?" Matt said in a confused tone.
"I don't genius. I came to watch Kayla."
"Oh Ok."
"What were you doing with that stable girl?" She demanded.
I excused my self and went to untack Raj.

Matt walked around the corner.
"You ok?" Bella and I said in unison.
"Well I'm officially single!"

Matt, Tyler and Bella's mum all went home and Bella and I were trying to put a tent up.

"This isn't working Kenz!" Bella huffed.
"I won't disagree!" I flopped on the ground.

We finally got the tent up and then we checked on the horses, fed them and then went to bed.

AN:
Hi! It's me Ayla westhook the co-author or whatever idek. Anyway I'm the one that written probably 70% of this book so far 😹 Maya gives me the words when I'm stuck and sometimes comes up with the ideas but I mainly write when she rides her horse and then when I'm with my horses she sometimes writes 😊
Once again the addresses etc. are all made up.