Chapter 1 - You Could Say it was Fate

"Get in the car Kenzie!" Said my mum as slowly walked to the car.
"Uh let me think about that. No!" I shot back. Today was my end of grade 12 History exam, you know the subject I hate, the teacher hates me, I didn't study. I didn't want to sit the exam.
"I'll buy you those free jump stirrups." Mum bribed.
"Okay. Whatever." I gave in. I got in the car and slammed the silver door.
I looked at my lock screen on my phone it was a photo of Matt and Chase.

We were 2 minutes away from school and mum slammed on brakes.
"WTF! I almost ran over that horse!" She cursed.
I glanced out the window to see what mum was talking about and saw a farmilar chestnut gelding.
"I know that horse!" I told mum
"Yeah well call his owner then."
"His owner is kind of in Europe..."
The horse was Chase, and his owner Matt was in Europe.

I violently opened the car door grabbing a spare navy blue lead rope as I ran towards Chase who was now grazing on the side of the road. The big chestnut gelding looked up and slow started to wander towards me. I clipped on the lead rope to his halter and started leading him back to the my property,my mum honked the car horn to warn me that I needed to hurry up but I quickly dismissed her when I realised Chase was lame.
I walked back to my stables and picked up the leg that he was limping on and realised that he must have pulled a shoe when he escaped.After I bandaged his hoof and put him in a stall to rest while I thought of ways to contact Matt.

As I wandered back towards mum's car I revived a text from my best friend Isabella .
(I=Isabella, K =Kenzie)
I- did you see Matt's new Instagram post ?
K- no why ?
I- Chase escaped and no one can find him!
K- ummm...
I- WHAT?
I-TELL ME NOWWW
K- ifoundchaseonthesideoftheroad
K-hepulledashoesoitookhimhometofixit
I- WHAT??!! The one and only Matt Harnacke's horse is in YOUR barn???
I-I'm on my way to yours right now!! 

~~~~~
AN: sorry it's not very long, next one will be longer 😊 will hopefully have chapter 2 up by tomorrow 🐴