Part 3

(Rhysand P.O.V.)

I woke up multiple times that night, hurling my guts up. Feyre was always beside me, rubbing my back. I couldn't send for Madja until morning; so we waited. Feyre constantly asked me what was wrong but I didn't tell her. I just said that I must have a 'stomach bug' or something. I knew she didn't believe me because she kept giving me looks. But she didn't question any further; just lay beside me. 

As soon as dawn broke, Feyre shook me awake. I took her hand, preparing to winnow to Madja but Feyre pulled back. 

"Are you kidding, Rhys? There is no way in Hell you're getting out of bed. Madja's coming here."

I suddenly remembered that I had been poisoned with faebane. There was no way I'd be able to winnow. It was good Feyre was already a step ahead. Although she didn't know I had faebane working its way around my systems. 

I felt so guilty for not telling her. And what was the point now, anyway? She was obviously going to sit here while Madja checked me up so she'd hear everything anyway. It was such a stupid thing to do. If I had just told her before, we could've got Madja then and the faebane wouldn't be as big a threat to my body and magic as it was now.  

Madja frowned as she scanned over my stomach. "High Lord," she said, "You have a large system of faebane inside you. We have the antidote from Master Thesan but even that shall take a while to cure you. This faebane has been in you for a while now." 

I looked beside me at Feyre, whose mouth was hanging open in shock. I gave her a small smile that was meant to look apologetic but Feyre didn't smile back. 

She crossed her arms. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

Madja, cleverly, excused herself, sensing the argument that was about to blow up. 

"Feyre, I swear to you, I only felt it when you had closed the wound up. And you were so unsure of yourself before that and then, when you had done it, you just looked so proud and happy. I couldn't tell you."

She still didn't look happy, though. "What? So you were planning to not tell me because you didn't want to hurt my feelings and just sit there and die?" She scoffed. 

I tried to keep my tone gentle. "Faebane doesn't kill, Feyre. It just makes you weaker and disables the use of magic. You know that." 

"Well, I don't care. Whatever. You still shouldn't have lied to me." Her voice broke. 

I held my hands up in the air - I couldn't let her cry. "Ok, ok. I was wrong. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied to you. Am I forgiven now?" 

I watched her out of the sides of my eyes and saw a small smile raise on her lips. 

"What will you do for me?"

I turned my head fully to look at her and gave her a 'that's not fair' look. "I don't have anything to give to you." 

Her eyes shone with amusement and silent laughter. "Oh yes, you do."

I shook my head. "Don't."

She was smiling as she spoke, "What about, if you promise to not steal all the blankets at night?"

I pretended to think about it. "Deal."

She nodded. "Ok, then. You're forgiven."

I chuckled. I loved her so much. Even when she wanted to be angry with me, she couldn't, really. 

I held my arms out for her. "Come here."

She scooted closer in her chair and lay her head down on my chest. 

Feyre slapped my chest. "Just don't ever lie to me again."

I hugged her closer. "Can we argue more often?" I said, earning another jab from her. 

"I love you Feyre," I whispered, as sleep overcame me. 

And I swear I heard her whisper it back as the darkness pulled me in. 

Yay, Rhys is alive!! Of course I wasn't going to make him die. Please comment down below what you thought of this short story and any more ideas for what I should do next. Thank you for reading!!

Ayesha