Chapter 13: Dinner at the Waters Edge

I was heading towards the dining hall for breakfast with Lady Sharla. King Citro and the twins were walking behind us, talking and laughing with each other. I looked over at Lady Sharla who was staring out at the ocean's view from the palace as we walked. We continued on our way to breakfast when I thought of something. It would take a while, but it will be worth it. I want to make Lady Sharla smile. Sure, she's smiles often, but I've never seen that smile. Not since Pierce. We reached the dining hall and began to eat.

I talked with Lady Sharla and Morgiana who were seated next to me, and when breakfast ended I asked Morgiana, Alibaba, and Aladdin to wait until everyone had left. When everyone had left, Aladdin was the first to speak. "So (y/n), what was it you wanted to talk about?" he asked as he smiled at me. "I was wondering if you all could help me cheer up Lady Sharla." I said. "Cheer her up? She seemed pretty happy during breakfast." Alibaba said as he recalled his conversation with her about Vicire. "Yes, but she was happier once. When she had her beloved next to her she smiled to no end, and her eyes always sparkled." I said to them.

"Her beloved? Is that not King Citro?" Morgiana asked curiously. "No, she had one before King Citro. His name was Pierce Tiller." I said. "Oh, I see. Sure we'll help you." Aladdin said. "Thank you." I smiled to them. "What did you have in mind?" Alibaba asked. "I wanted to prepare a dinner by the seaside for her. Before she decided to take a stand towards King Lycelyx, she and Pierce always went to the seaside with her mother to have dinner." I explained.

"So, you want to recreate those special moments to make her happy, right?" Aladdin asked and I nodded. "Of course! We'll help you out!" Alibaba exclaimed. "Thank you all." I said as I smiled at them. "I wanted to make some of her favorite foods and set up a picnic for her by the seaside." I explained to them. "All right then let's get to work!" Alibaba and Aladdin said in unison as they jumped in the air.

"What are you guys getting all excited about?" Hakuryuu asked as he came around the corner. "We're going to help (Y/n) make Queen Sharla happy again!" Aladdin said to him. Luckily, no one was around so no one heard his cry of excitement about the surprise. "Really? Queen Sharla seems fairly happy to me." Hakuryuu said. After Morgiana had re-explained the scenario to Hakuryuu he asked if he could help. I said yes and we all began to set things up.

Hakuryuu and I were in charge of prepping the food. Aladdin set out with Alibaba to look for the perfect spot for the picnic and Morgiana was tasked with keeping Lady Sharla busy, while also secretly informing King Sinbad and the others about our surprise for Lady Sharla. While Hakuryuu and I were out shopping for the ingredients for the food, a blonde boy, about the age of 14, with blue eyes ran into Hakuryuu. I caught the groceries that had flown out from the basket as another boy who looked slightly younger than the other had come up behind the blonde.

This boy had a blue eye and an eye patch over his left eye. He also had slightly bluish-gray hair and a stern expression. "Look what you did?! Apologize for bumping into him." the boy with the eye patch said. "Why should I? You're not the boss of me!" the blond – haired boy said, as I placed the groceries back into the basket Hakuryuu was holding. "Now now you two. You're making a scene." a tall male with black hair that framed his face and red eyes said as he came up behind the two. "Yes you are. Now apologize." another tall male said as he came up behind the other. This one had black hair and his bangs that split and fell at the sides of his face. His eyes were a strange yellow, somewhat similar to Sharkan's eyes.

The blonde boy had turned to Hakuryuu and had apologized for running into him. The tall male with red eyes also apologized to us before the four of them left down the street. "They were a strange bunch were they not?" Hakuryuu asked as we continued to the palace to prepare the food. "Yes. It seems as if they did not belong here. Especially the two tall ones. They seemed...devilish." I said as we reached the palace. We made it to the kitchen and started to prepare the food.