Valentine's Day (Trixie/Katya × Reader)

Start from the beginning

You rushed home when your shift finally ended, determined to spend the last remaining hours of the holiday with him, with no distractions.

The apartment was dimly lit when you walked in. You looked down at the floor to see some rose petals scattered across the floor, they led over to the dining room table where a few candles were lit. Brian was sitting at his usual spot with a big grin on his face. You bit your lip, feeling your cheeks reddening as you walked closer to him. "Happy Valentine's Day, babe." He grinned and stood up from the table to give you a kiss.

"Happy Valentine's Day, baby." You said shyly, "I wasn't expecting any of this."

He chuckled with a guilty look. "I know it's kinda cheesy or whatever, but I figured we don't get to see one another on holidays all the time. So, I wanted to make it the cheesiest thing I could. It's a clichè, but I want this night to be a special one."

You both embraced eachother again as you hummed, resting your cheek against his. "I love it. Thank you." You kissed him again.

He smiled and pulled your chair out for you to sit down. You sat and looked at the food that sat around the table, it was Chinese takeout from your favorite restaurant. Brian noticed you eyeing the Lo-Mein and chuckled, "Yeah, I was gonna try to cook a homemade thing for you, but I remembered I don't know how to cook."

"That's fine, babe. You couldn't have picked a better place to order out. I'm just happy to have you home." You said sincerely as he passed you a glass of wine.

"I'm happy to be home." He gave you his signature crooked smirk and you could feel your heart skip several beats.

After dinner was over, he made you sit on the couch while he pulled a chair up in front of you, with his guitar in hand. "What are you doing now?"

He pulled the strap over his shoulder and sat down, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket. "You remember when I told you that I wrote a song for you?"

You nodded your head, "I do."

He smiled and skimmed over the paper that held the lyrics that he had written. You could tell that he was slightly nervous, but you were unsure why. He was usually never too nervous to sing one of his songs.
He started strumming on the guitar, and you closed your eyes, listening to the riff that he had made just for you as he began to sing.

"What if I lock myself out again,
If I drink till my head till my head starts to spin.
Take my hand again and tell me when,
Cause you belong to me.
Some days the sky's like a road,
And some nights the stars keep me cold.
But every morning I wake up I'm home,
Cause you belong to me.

And I breathe you in the morning,
And I move with you at night,
And oo-oo-oo when you kiss me,
If I could fly I'd take you with me,
Up to the stars and we'll name them as we go

And if that pullin' pulls the fabric at your seams.
You can count on me to stitch you down.
And if my sky ain't painted a perfect shade of blue,
I can count on you to paint it down down down.

What if I lose the light heading home,
If I forget how the song used to go,
And you remind me, I already know,
Cause you belong to me."

You could could feel the tears beginning to well up in your eyes by the time he got to the end of the song. You couldn't believe that he could write something so sweet for you. You sniffed, dabbing the corner of your eye with the sleeve of your shirt. "Was it that bad?" He raised his eyebrows, bemused.

You shook your head several times. "No. No. No. You know that's not why. I loved it, baby. That was so fucking sweet, and... you're turning me into a crybaby right now." You choked out with a chuckle.

He chewed the corner of his lip, still looking somewhat nervous. "Well, I was just telling you how I feel. I know I don't get to express how I really feel a lot of the time." He grabbed your hand,"But you shouldn't be crying.. Yet."

You squinted as you looked at him. "Yet?"

He cleared his throat and dropped to the floor, still holding your hand. You gripped onto his hand even harder as your heart rate began to rise. "Brian, what are you-"

You were cut off as he had already reached into his pocket again and pulled out a small, black box. You let out an audible gasp as you looked down at him in shock. He cleared his throat again and opened the top of the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Brian.." was all your brain was able to compute.

"(Y/N)," He said in a shaky(dear) tone, "I love you.. More than anything in this world. And I've been thinking about it for a long time, and writing that song made me realize that you are the only one that I want. So, I have to ask.. Will you marry me?"

You felt the tears streaming down your face this time as you nodded hard, breathing in raggedly. "Y-yes.. Yes I will marry you." You cried, lunging forward into his arms. He let out a whoop of victory as he wrapped his arms around you, pulling you down ontop of him on the floor. You both locked into a passionate kiss while he pulled the ring from the box.

"I swear I will make you the happiest person." You could hear the choke in the back of his throat as he tried to hold back tears of his on as he placed the engagement ring on your finger.

"You already do make me the happiest person, Brian."

He kissed you hard once more, "I love you so fucking much."

"You have no idea how much I love you." You responded, laying your hand on his cheek.

"I think I'll have plenty of time to find out." He smiled.

"I think you're right... Can I ask you something?"

"Anything, darlin'." He shook his head.

"Sing it again for me?" You pleaded, shaking his shoulder playfully.

He chuckled and reached out for his guitar. "I'll be singing it to you 'til the day I die, baby."