Meeseeks and Destroy Part 3

Start from the beginning

"They're free to go, is what I meant. I'm deconstructing our our our thing we say. We're giants. Nobody got that? Whatever." He tries to explain but is quickly discouraged by the fact that no one understood his word play.

"Oh, man, what did I tell you guys?! We did it!" Morty cheers on. I couldn't help but smirk at his enthusiasm.

"Yeah, what do you know? Looks like you were right this time, little buddy." I comment while ruffling the young brunette's hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slightly stretch my arms out in front of me with my fingers interlocked, relieving my joints of any tension that had been building up from sitting around all day. The three of us walk out of the courtroom in our usual clothes, slightly happy with how easily we were able to get out of that situation.

"All right, Morty, looks like the portal gun's still working. You ready to head home?" Rick asks the young teen while pulling out his portal gun.

"Oh, yeah, you'd like that, wouldn't you, Rick? Well, you know what? We're not bailing out just yet. You know, we're gonna go find some treasure or something and and we're gonna bring it to those villagers." Morty snaps back stubbornly.

"Wait what? You got to be kidding, right, Mort? We already had our fair share of trouble today. Lets just go home." I comment while placing a hand on the small figure's shoulder.

"Y-yeah, Morty, cut your losses. This is obviously a wash." Rick continues after me, clearly growing irritated with Morty's stubbornness.

"Yeah, both of you were saying that back when we first got arrested, but here we are, you know, walking down the courthouse steps." Morty states while pulling away from my hand, deciding to continue walking on ahead of us.

"We got lucky, Mort. There's a huge....difference." I begin to say but find my words faltering at the sight of the large steps below us. Each step seemed to be as big as buildings that continued on without a clear end to them.

"Oh, boy, Morty." Rick remarks.

"Usually, walking down the courthouse steps is the easy part of the adventure." The brunette replies over to the two of us.

"What do you say, Morty?" The taller man asks with a tinge of hope lacing his tone.

"I say give me a hand, sidekick." Morty states in determination.

Rick and I groan at Morty's response, watching as he already began climbing down the large steps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lift my hand to wipe away some of the sweat that litters my forehead while still holding on tightly to the stone wall. I sigh out in exhaustion, gazing down at the many more steps we have left to go.

"Yeah, Morty, this is the part of the story everybody loves. Scaling down 650,000 over-sized steps." Rick remarks sharply down to the teen bellow us. Morty looks up at him with exasperation, clearly getting agitated by Rick's crude comments.

"All right, okay, you know, if this was a story, this part wouldn't be included, stupid." The boy finishes, his eyes drifting away from Rick and towards the open door bellow us.

"Hey, guys, what do you know? Look down there. Looks like some kind of tavern or something built right into the side of the step." Morty says with a smile.

"Huh, Well how about that? You're just full of luck today, kid." I comment as we continue to make our way down the rest of the step and into the crowded tavern. I look around me to see creatures of all shapes and sizes conversing amongst one another, drinking and chatting away about things I could care less about. It doesn't seem like that bad of a place to be honest. Better then climbing down dozens of large steps in the blazing sun.