Bonus Chapter - 2

Start from the beginning

"You look gorgeous, Amy," Mika said. "Are you sure you want me to walk with you too? It's okay if you just want Allen. I understand."

"Meeky..." she sighed, walking over to give him a hug. "I love you. And yeah, maybe you raised me as your sister, but you still raised me. If it weren't for you..." She shook her head. "I don't know where I'd be. Dead, for all I know. You saved my life, Mika, multiple times. So thank you for being the father figure I needed in my life when I was little. And Allen..." She looked up at me. "Dad... Thank you for accepting me into your family and for being the second father figure I needed as a teenager and as an adult. I know I didn't always make it easy. For either of you."

Our sentimental moment was cut short when Carol came over to tell Amy it was time. Amy grabbed both Mika and me, positioning me on her left and Mika on her right, her hands on our arms.

I could tell Amy was starting to freak out again, so I leaned over and whispered, "This is your moment, Amy. Steve is going to fall so much further in love with you as soon as he lays eyes on you."

She nodded and I could visibly see her relax. She was strong, so very strong. I knew she could make it through today.

The doors to the hall opened and the music started, prompting the audience to stand and turn towards us. Amy grabbed my arm tighter. My gaze skimmed over everyone before landing on Steve directly in front of us. Just as I had suspected, his eyes were wide, fixated on Amy.

He really was a good match for her. He was a good man. It wasn't easy to accept his proposal at first, if only because they hadn't been together very long before he asked. But the engagement lasted a year and a half and I couldn't help but be reminded of my own relationship with Mika. I just knew that Steve would be the right man for her who will make her incredibly happy. She deserved someone like that.

When we got to the front of the hall, Amy gave both Mika and me a kiss on the cheeks before going to stand next to Steve. I grabbed Mika's hand, leading him over to the first row of seats where my parents and Sam were.

I sat next to my son, putting my arm around his shoulders but he shrugged me off, probably thinking he was too cool for that or something. He, too, has grown up too fast. He was already sixteen. Where did the time go?

After the ceremony - which was beautiful and went extremely smooth - everyone gathered in the reception hall for an early dinner to celebrate. Amy couldn't stop smiling the entire night, which, of course, made me smile.

When the music started picking up after the meal was finished, I watched as Amy pulled Steve out onto the dance floor for their first dance as a married couple. The dance was slow and romantic, and we all watched them dance. I was so proud of her, I really was. I didn't know her as a young child, but I knew she didn't have an easy life. Mika did his best, I know that, but it's still a difficult situation for any child be in. I was glad I got the chance to be the father she needed and provide her with the opportunities she deserves. Even without my help, Amy would have prevailed in whatever situation she found herself in, because that's the type of person she is.

The song changed to another slow song and the DJ invited all the couples out onto the dance floor. I didn't hesitate to stand up and grab Mika's hand.

"Really, Allen?" he sighed, although he stood up willingly and followed me out. "You and your dancing."

I kissed his lips lightly, placing my hands on him. "Always, my love. I thought you'd be used to this by now."

Mika just smiled, leaning his head on my shoulder as we moved together gently.

We spent the rest of the evening dancing the night away. Mika and I both had our dances with Amy. Even Sam got up and had a dance with her, which might have been my favorite moment of the night. I made sure to take quite a few pictures of their dance, knowing an interaction like that was never going to happen again, not with the way Sam hated dancing even more than Mika does.

Eventually, the night wrapped up with Amy and Steve heading off on their own. They were heading to Iceland for their honeymoon in the morning. She's been talking more about that trip than the actual wedding for months now.

At home, I found Mika sitting on the corner of our bed, staring at the wall. I could tell he was deep in thought and I didn't want to bother him, but I wanted to know what he was thinking so hard about. I sat down next to him, resting my hand on his thigh.

"Hey," I said softly. "You okay?"

He shook his head, still not looking at me. "She's all grown up," he whispered. "Just like that. She's married. When did that happen?"

I pulled him into a hug. "It was bound to happen sooner or later. I think the important part is that she's so incredibly happy right now, and you helped her get there throughout her life."

He nodded. "Yeah. I just can't believe so much time has gone by." Then he looked up at me with that smirk on his face that I loved so much. "You're going to be a mess when Sammy finally gets married."

I laughed. "I'm not even sure how I'll react when he starts dating."

Mika groaned, burying his head. "That should never happen. He's still way too young."

"Says the one who was having sex with strangers when you were younger than him."

Mika suddenly stood up and walked to the other end of the room. "Why'd you have to bring that up, Allen? That was a long time ago and you know why I needed to do it."

I also stood, following him across the room to wrap him in my arms. "I'm sorry. I know that. It was supposed to be a joke. How about I make it up to you, huh?"

I started kissing down his neck and he gave in too easily, but only for a moment.

"Is Sam still awake?" he asked, pulling away from me slightly.

I brought him closer to me again. "He's downstairs playing video games. He'll be there for a while."

Mika smirked. "Of course. And your great plan is doing this while he's distracted?"

I chuckled. "When else will we get this chance?"

I watched Mika's face as he contemplated it for a moment. We never really get a chance to be alone, and this was probably the best opportunity for a while, since Sam was home from school for the next few months on his summer break. What other way was there to distract Mika about Amy getting married and growing up on us?

He smirked again, moving to straddle my lap. "Fine. You win."

Kissing him with a smile, I tried to push our bodies even closer together. "I love you, Mika" I whispered against his lips.

I felt him smile back at me. "I love you too, Allen."

"Dad? Poppa?"

Mika jumped off my lap and managed to get a few feet away from me by the time Sam opened the door and walked into the room.

"What's up, bud?" I asked, not looking at Mika in case we gave something away.

Sam looked between the two of us for a few seconds before speaking. "Now that Amy's actually moved out and stuff, can I knock the wall between our rooms down so I can have one big room?"

Mika and I both answered, not even hesitating. "No."

He nodded slowly, having expected that answer. "Alright. I'll be downstairs." Just as he was about to leave, he put his hand on the doorknob and looked at us again. "I'll put my headphones on. Be as loud as you want."

He closed the door and I heard Mika let out a large breath of air. "Oh my god. Mood's ruined."

I laughed. "Nah. Come on. He's not coming back in here, that's a guarantee at this point."

Mika sighed, giving in. "Fine."

I pulled him closer to me and lifted his shirt over his head. "I love you so much, Mika."

He smirked. "Yeah, yeah. Shut up."

Like I said at the beginning of the chapter, this is officially the last one. Thank you for all of your support and for reading! I hope you liked it! :)