Chapter 2

Timmy-

Once we make it into the car he tells me about the hotel he booked, and how it's supposed to be one of the nicest places to stay in "NOLA" as he called it. He says he's already missing Hops and Ford a little but he knows that Liz was doing what was best when she decided to stay home with them. She wanted to spend more time with them, and Armie had told her he understood.

Lucky me, I thought. As much as I love Liz, I want more than anything to spend a week with just Armie. When we were doing promos it was supposed to be just he and I, but Elizabeth had decided to come to every event, which was fine, but I just want him to myself for a bit. Its's so selfish of me to even think, I know, but I can't help what I feel and it's not like I've acted on anything.

Back in Crema, Armie had rambled over dinner one night about how when he was 23 he and a group of his friends had gone to New Orleans in a spur-of-the-moment decision to attend Mardi Gras. He had had the time of his life, he said, and had always promised himself that he would go back to do it again someday, but had never gone through with the promise. So in the moment I told him that I would go with him next year, which is how we ended up where we are now.

"You realize you're gonna have to show me around this time right?", I ask, referring to Crema when I was the one showing him everything.

He grins at me, and briefly touches my arm before replying, "Oh, don't worry, there are so many things I'm going to show you."

Suddenly Armie is pulling into what appears to be a smaller part of the city. Each street is different; one street is beautiful, the next rundown, the next average. As we go along we come to a street that looks like it came straight from a painting.

"This is part of the French Quarter", Armie explains. The buildings are brightly colored and lined with intricately made balconies of all shapes and sizes. People are flooding the streets and we pass a church that Armie tells me is the St. Louis Cathedral; its breathtaking and apparently famous.

Driving away from the pretty streets Armie speaks up," that was just a preview, the hotel we are staying at is a few miles outside of the Quarter. My travel agent said we should stay somewhere near the parade route, but we can still visit the quarter during the week."

When we pull up to the hotel, I hop out of the car and Armie gives his keys over to the Valet Service before leading me up the stairs with his hand on my back, guiding me. I look up at the building's sign, and read "Windsor Court" before setting my eyes on the path in front of me and stepping inside. Armie goes to get the keys for our rooms while I check out the lobby. It is lavishly decorated in deep reds and golds, and people are everywhere laughing, talking, and smiling. A saxophone player sits in the middle of the room softly playing his instrument and I feel my heart clinging to the sound, loving every second of it. Suddenly I hear Armie over the music saying something in an angry tone unlike himself and I walk over to him and place my arm on his shoulder.

"Whats wrong?", I ask feeling the need to console him.

"They double booked us T", his reply comes out short

"So...they don't have our rooms?"

"No, they have one room but not the other because the staff can't do their-", he pauses, pulling himself together before he says something harmful.

"I'm extremely sorry Mr. Hammer, if I could do anything to help I would but around this time of year we are completely booked", the woman says and I can tell she wants to crawl underneath the front desk and hide.

"Arm it's fine, c'mon we can just share the room", I suggest for the concierges sake. She gives me a small apologetic smile and I try to give her a reassuring one.

"You sure?", he questions, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah man, it's cool, I don't mind."

"....Okay", he eventually mumbles.

I actually secretly like this better, I don't know why he seems so freaked out by the idea.

Crisis averted, or so I thought.