Chapter 1: Finding Out Together

GODDAMINT!!^ SO FUCKING CLOSE!!!!

Heyo! All of the chapters with a .5 after the chapter number is going to be a flashback chapter. Italic is flashback in normal chapters. I hope you all like this story so far! Happy Valentine's day everyone! ❤❤

~Opal Dragon

Melanie POV:

"You do realized that you are adopting a crazy, right?" I was taken aback by this sentence, which lead me to think for a few minutes.

"You do realize that all the best people are?" I said, speaking what my heart told me to say. Anyways, it worked, Opal smiled a little bit. Then we sat in silence that felt like hours, but probably only lasted seconds.

Dr. James walked in, holding a metallic clipboard. Opal looked up at him, and I saw her pupils become smaller.

I stood up.

"So, Opal. We have some good news and some bad news. Which would you like to hear?" He asked, smiling at me. "Oh. Miss. Martinez! How nice that you are going to foster Opal!"

"Thank you. But, I was just lonely in my house and wanted another human being there. I don't really like many animals. Except dogs. Dogs are cool. Some cats, too" I explained.

"Hey, hey, hey. I'm not a human bean!" Opal exclaimed. All of us had a good laugh at that.

"So, doc, I'll take the good news but you can tell Miss-" I cut Opal off.

"You can just call me Melanie, or Mel."

"Oh. Well, anyways, you can tell Mel the bad news." Opal finished.

"Oh, okay. Good news is, you can go home now! I left you a change of clothes in the bathroom." He began, then we waited for Opal to have gone into the bathroom. "Bad news is, she has schizophrenia."

I gasped, and as if on cue, Opal screamed.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!" She yelled, and I shot out of my seat and ran to Opal's rescue, only to find no one else in there besides Opal.

"Opal, who're you yelling at?" I ask, confused and scared.

"I don't know, but he left once you came in." With the way Opal was looking down, I could tell she was lying about something. I shrugged and left to allow her to continue to get dressed.

"See, she's also has PTSD. And, no, we don't know why." Dr. James told me. I slumped my shoulders and sat down while Opal took awhile to get dressed, or maybe to calm herself down.

Opal's POV:

His hands run down my spine, his mouth on mine. I run my hands through his messy, chocolate, hair. I pull back, sighing as he pouts playfully, and gaze into his beautiful hazel eyes.

"Baby, you know what you have to do, right?" He asks me calmly.

"But, why, Love?" I ask tentatively, knowing exactly why, but not wanting to.

"Because, Boss said you have to." His voice got angrier and he sat up on my bed. I sat up too.

"I don't want to though! Can't you see that! I love my family!" I yelled at him, "and don't think anything you do can make me change my mind!" I yelled, and slapped him. Right across his face, even though I knew he would feel it.

"YOU BITCH! YOU CAN'T JUST BLOW OFF OUR BOSS!" He stood up now, pulling me up with him and pushing me to the hard floor. I felt my face heat up in anger. I stood up, and grabbed my blade.

"You want me to prove myself, eh? Well then, let's go!" I grabbed him by the back of his neck and pulled him to my sleeping parent's room.

I stood by them and dug the blade into their necks, my mom waking up first, and getting ready to scream before he burried his hatchet into her thick, meaty, neck. Killing her instantly.

"There, done." I said. Placing the bloody knife into my back pocket.

I stood, holding the same clothes that I wore on the night that I first came here in.

Way back from right after that happened.

I hear an annoyingly familiar laugh. A deep, slightly broken off chuckle from his twitches.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!" I yelled with all my strength.

Thankfully, Mel came running in.

"Opal, who're you yelling at?" She asked, confused and scared.

"I don't know, but he left once you came in." I replied, my heart still beating loudly. I knew I was lying to Mel, but she didn't need to know what he and I did to my family.

So, instead, I just glared at the floor.

Mel just shrugged, still tense with my outburst and left so that I could continue to get dressed. I sat down and let my heart calm before I began to get dressed again.

~~~~~
That's the end of this chapter!!

Comment here if you think you know who the guy who convinced Opal to kill was.

Happy Valentine's Day people! Also, (for those in Oregon, USA), Happy Birthday Oregon! And sorry it's late.

Bye! I'm so fucking cringey!

Please vote, comment, and recommend this story to ur frens!

~Opal Dragon, the cringey and pathetic author of this book.