Settling Down

After plugging her phone in, Yvonne finally sat down to eat her breakfast in silence and peace.

|( ̄3 ̄)|

Right after washing the dishes, she hurried back in the room to unplug her phone. Grooming her white fur with the small brush she had seemed like forever, but she was exactly on time.

Arriving to the building she had been loking for, she entered the large doors and immediately found herself in a huge area — the lobby, probably.

"Miss McClawer, I have been waiting for you."

Yvonne turned around to see a reddis-brown gazelle, with gentle looking dark chocolate colored eyes.

Her lips formed a smile, and she responded.
"Miss Ayala, pleasure to meet you." She held her paw out, and shook the hoof placed on her paw.

Oh yes, this will be quite fun.

|( ̄3 ̄)|

Right after the interview — which had lasted for almost 2 hours —
Yvonne felt her stomach growl.
Deciding to grab a sandwich on her way to the nearest park, she entered a cafe. It was full of life, much like the city itself.

The barista was a kind looking man, a snow leopard to be exact. Eve stood in line, and took her wallet out of her bag to prepare for paying, and ordering.

The roaring of cars outside and the chatter in the nearest booths made everything much more interesting. Watching the small bunnies eating happily at the tables nearby made her swell in happiness.

"What can I help you with, my Lady?"
Snapping out of her thoughts, Yvonne glanced at the snow leopard — Reed, by his name tag — and smiled.

"Hi, uh, I was wondering if I could get a—"

Suddenly a zebra stood in front of her, wearing the same uniform as Reed.

"Can you not read? We are not providing any service to your kind." He spat. Yvonne felt her ears go flat against her head in surprise.

After reading the article about the fox who became a police officer, she thought animals have already gottwn used to foxes, especially since not all of them were bad... But it seems as though she was wrong.

"Mr, please, I only wanted to order—"
"Did you not hear what I said?! I said we do not serve your kind, now get out of here!"

The zebra shoved Yvonne backwards, making her stumble into furry, warm paws.
She glanced to the side and saw vibrant green eyes glaring the the zebra from behind her.

"Please step aside, Miss." A smooth voice said, and Yvonne immediately backed up against a table.

There was a fox — the one you read about! — and a bunny, both of them wearing uniforms... Ah
Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps...

Judy shook her head and her purple eyes narrowed at the zebra.
"Mr. Stripes, I believe we already discusses this last month. Didn't we tell you what would happen if you even tried disciminating another animal because of their breed?"
Her voice reflected her anger.

Nick stepped forward, looking through his small notebook. "And as I remember, this happened last week as well, when you did the same to a wolf. This Lady right here—" Nick's eyes met Yvonne's "—only wanted to grab something to eat. Please don't tell me that you can't do your only job right and let her order?"

Mr. Stripes looked like he wanted to disappear from the surface of the earth in shame, if the judging eyes of his customers were not enough.

"If we catch you doing this one more time, we'll arrange a trip to our station for you, understood?" The bunny smirked at the zebra who was just nodding in agreement.
He returned to the back, and Yvonne let out a relieved sigh. She walked up to Judy and Nick.

"Thank you two. I really appreciate what you did for me.
I was actually quite shocked by his behaviour...I thought their opinions changed about us, but I guess not exactly." Yvonne smoothed out her top, self-consciously scratching her neck.

Judy grinned, and her ear flicked a little. "No problem at all!
Our job is to help,
Ma'am. Call out if you ever get into trouble. I'm Judy, and this is Nick."

Yvonne found Judy to be quite a friendly and warm person. She really radiated positivity...
However, when she looked at Nick, she immediately felt uneasy. Not in the wrong, but not in the good way either.
The way he looked at her with those green eyes... It just made her weak to the knees.

Yvonne smiled, her goldish yellow eyes reflecting her happiness. "I'm Yvonne. Glad to meet you. Sorry but ah, if you excuse me, I would like to actually get to order my sandwich." She grinned, her ears perking up. Her fluffy white tail swayed from side to side lazily.

"Yeah, glad to meet you too, Yvonne. We gotta go, although we'll probably see you around. See ya!" Judy waved as she left the cafe with Nick.

Eve sighed, just now feeling her cheeks heat up.
"God damn it..."

Hello! Welcome to my Nick Wilde X OC story. Sorry if it is not to your liking. Not a lot of people like Character X Oc stories so... Opinions?
I tried to make it a kinda slow build, and will probably keep it that way, however I tried not to rush it and make incorrect and boring sentences like in a lot of fanfics..(no offence to anyone). If you happen to find any typos, or grammar errors, feel free to point them out.