5. Class

Y/n's POV
I got dragged to class by Nathan who was following Marinette and Alya. But I was reluctant and started to pull back, coming to a stop and making Nathan come flying back towards me, bumping my forehead with his.

"What was that for Y/n?" He questioned rubbing his forehead. I looked down letting my hair cover most of my face until my head was forced up by Nathan's hand to look at him. I gave him an 'I don't wanna go' face and he sighed. "I know you don't wanna go, but it's either get there on time or be late and get a detention." He reasoned. I sighed in defeat and started walking slowly, dragging him instead. He then caught up and walked beside me.

"Nathan..." I said quietly, looking down at something.

"Yeah, what is it?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"You can let go of my hand now." I stated before I felt his hand tighten.

"Can I let go outside of class?" He questioned, looking at me with puppy dog eyes. I blushed and blinked a few times.

"Fine, I guess." I replied and his face lit up with a tomato blush and a smile. I smiled back slightly. We eventually reached the classroom and Nathan let go of my hand.

"Good luck in front of the class." He said before walking inside, I peered around the corner of the door, looking in with my non covered eye. As soon as he walked through the door, I heard the teacher shout at him for being late. He reasoned with her and then they both looked at the door. I squinted and hid around the corner before hearing the door open.

"Are you my new student?" A voice questioned. I opened my eyes to see a ginger haired woman with bright blue eyes looking at me with a smile. I nodded and looked down. "Well then. Lets get you inside." She said and placed a hand on my shoulder, guiding me inside. I walked slowly through the door and hear gasps and whispers all around the room. "Class we have a new student joining out class!" She shouted and the whispers piped down. I felt everyones gaze on me and started shaking slightly and looked down. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" The teacher questioned. I shook my head quickly, not wanting to open my mouth. I heard her sigh. "Does anyone know who this girl is?" She asked the class and everyone shook there muttering no to her until I heard someone get up from their chair quickly, making the chair screech across the floor. Everyone looked at who it was and my head shot up to see Nathan, standing up at the back with his arm high in the air.

"I do!" He shouted and ran down the stairs and stood next to me. I quickly hid behind him and let him do the talking. "Her name is Y/n L/n. She's my neighbour and my friend." He stated. I heard someone snicker and everyone looked to the source of it. It was that blonde girl from before.

"You have friends?" She asked him before bursting out laughing and another red head with glasses joined in. I saw Nathan look down and I tap his shoulder, making him look back at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me slightly.

"Chloe! How rude!" I heard the teacher shout at her. The blonde who I now know was called Chloe just scoffed and turned her back to everyone and began filing her nails. The red head with glasses just sat there, watching her like a loyal subject or something. "Sorry about her. Y/n can go sit at the back with you Nathanaël." The teacher stated and Nathan grabbed my hand and dragged me to the top of the stairs where he sat. I heard Marinette squeal a little as we passed her and a smirking Alya, I blushed slightly and rolled my eyes playfully at them before we reached the desk. We sat down and I got my sketch book out along with a few supplies, ready for the lesson. I was about to start drawing until I saw and girl staring at me, I looked at her. She had long black hair with purple tips which covered her left eye like Nathan's, she also had a black dress on with purple ripped leggings and black converse trainers. 'Jeez, that girl like black and purple.' I thought to myself, looking back to Nathan who was playing with his locks of his hair. I giggled quietly so he couldn't hear me and started drawing the sight before me.

Nathanaël's POV
During class, I got bored and I couldn't think of anything to draw so I started playing with my hair. I sighed and looked over at Y/n, seeing she was sketching something. 'Wonder what she's drawing?' I asked myself in thought before sneakily peering over her shoulder. She noticed me peeking and quickly covered up her drawing.

"Can I help you?" She whispered so she didn't get unwanted attention from the class.

"What're you drawing?" I whispered back, tilting my head to the side. I saw her blush a light pink.

"N-Nothing..." She replied. I raised an eyebrow, knowing she was lying to me.

"You sure?" I questioned. She nodded before snapping her sketch book shut.

"I'm sure." She said, smirking slightly, knowing she dodged a bullet of some sort. I rolled my eyes before setting my attention back to the lesson.

—— TIME SKIP TO THE END OF THE LESSON AND START OF LUNCH——

Still Nathanaël's POV
It was lunch and I packed my things up and waited for Y/n to pack hers up before heading out.

"You ready to go?" I asked Y/n and she nodded. I smiled at her and started walking down the stairs and to the door. Y/n did the same but was stopped by Chloe. Y/n looked at her then at me with a 'help me' look on her face but her attention was then snapped back to Chloe.

"Listen here you freak!" Chloe shouted, pointing a finger at her. "Stay away from Adrien! He is MINE! You stay with that weird artist kid!" She screamed. Y/n just nodded, understandingly. Chloe then turned away from her, flipping her hair in Y/n's face before leaving the classroom. The people in the room were waiting for Y/n to run away or something but she just walked to me.

"Lets go." She said before walking out. Everyone just stared at her as she walked out in amazement that Chloe's outburst unfazed her and then back to me. I shrugged and ran out to catch up with her.

"You took that outburst like a champ!" I exclaimed and Y/n just stared ahead.

"I'm used to it." She said bluntly. My eyes widened. "I got that a lot back in Y/h/t... people just told me to stay away and never go near them... or anyone in fact..." She stated. I stopped in my tracks after she said that. She also stopped and looked back at me with a confused look.

"How can people say that?!" I exclaimed, drawing unwanted attention to us both. Y/n noticed this and walked up to me quickly and placed both hands on my shoulders.

"Calm down Nath. It's no big deal. And I also don't wanna talk about it." She said, gripping onto my shoulders tightly. I sighed in defeat and nodded. She let go of my shoulders and grabbed my wrist. "Now lets go eat. I'm starving." She said, dragging me towards the cafeteria. I happily obeyed and followed her as she dragged me.

———————————————————————

To be continued.....