Knowing Each Other

Theme Song: Masego -Tadow

Nobody's P.O.V.

When Genevieve was finally done with her attire, Alicia turned around and looked at herself in the mirror. Alicia couldn't believe her eyes! She couldn't recognize herself. She looked much older. She looked more like her age. She no longer looked like a girl full of rags. Her hair was coiled back into a braid that intertwined with a gold thread. She wore diamond stud earrings along with a gold bracelet. The silky white dress flowed down, gently hugging her waist firmly. The flesh of her breasts was slightly exposed. 

"Genevieve, I don't know what to say

"Genevieve, I don't know what to say. I look like royalty!"

 "Mademoiselle, you look much more your age! You're beautiful! Natural beauty! You don't even need makeup.", she said giving Alicia a warm smile. 

Alicia looked at Genevieve through the mirror. Beautiful. Someone had called her beautiful and it felt strange to her. Knowing how much those girls at the orphanage have humiliated her entire childhood and called her everything except pretty or beautiful. Alicia turned around and gave Genevieve a warm hug. 

"You flatter me!", she said with a smile. 

Genevieve looked at her trying to wonder how so much beauty and perfection could be given to a single person. She was without argument the definition of beauty but she wondered where she came from. Also, why did she act as if she wasn't used to the lifestyle that Mr. Perez lived in?

Meanwhile, Jacob sat in his office, taking a call from England. A current colleague and dear friend tried to persuade him to attend the fashion show they were hosting in London.

"Well, if that's the case, then I'm gonna have to travel to England. This estate can not and will not be unattended by my part.", he said in a certain tone. 

Andre Castello, his best friend, chuckled on the other line

Andre Castello, his best friend, chuckled on the other line."I'm glad that we can come to an agreement to meet each other halfway on this occasion."

 Jacob got up, walking to his window that leads a view to the whole city. Even though he loved his friend, he absolutely hated these gatherings. "Indeed. Part of me is actually looking forward to it.", Jacob smirked. 

"However, Mr. Perez, I must warn you about the royal parties that will be celebrated. I would bring a date if I were you.", Andre warned. 

Jacob nodded, clearly uninterested. He wasn't worried about a date. He had PLENTY of women who would fall at his feet. He already knew women who would love to go with him to a royal getaway to England. It was nothing out of the ordinary. 

"I'll definitely keep that in mind."

Back at the house, Alicia had already eaten a feast! The maids looked at her as if they hadn't seen a person before and she felt very uncomfortable. She asked when Mr. Perez would return, but they had no answers.

Later that evening, she walked through the gardens, taking in the beauty of every flower and plant. She had nothing else to do but to ask one of the maids where she could meet Mr. Perez when he returned because she needed to speak with him. They gently informed her that he'd normally retreat to his office. 

She made her way to his office, opening the door. The office was dark. The curtains were shut completely. It smelled like a male cologne mixed with Brandy. It held a presence of masculine power. There was a large, wide, tall chimney with two couches. Beside it, there was a grand, white piano with gold trimmings. In the middle of the office, there was a wide wooden desk and a seat behind it that looked like a throne for a king.

 In the middle of the office, there was a wide wooden desk and a seat behind it that looked like a throne for a king

 There were pieces of paper thrown lazily and stacks of paper stacked one on top of the other. Clearly showing that this man works too damn hard! She finally saw the back walls. It was a tall wall of books. Thousands and thousands of books! The wall had a tall wooden latter. She felt so tiny compared to the walls next to her that were complete with humongous paintings with gold detailed frames. 

She walked inside going to the wall of books behind the big desk. She loved books and there were THOUSANDS of them!! She also loved playing the piano. It was one of her hidden talents. She read for hours and hours, growing tired of wondering when Mr. Perez would come. She grabbed another book that looked quite interesting then walked to the big, enormous chimney and sat on one of the couches. In front of it, she saw a table with a stack of magazines on them with tabloids. She raised an eyebrow, thinking that she hasn't really paid attention to society for years. She walked to the center table and started looking through the stack she came across a magazine that held a familiar face on the cover. It read:

BREAKING NEWS:

JACOB PEREZ BREAKS THE RECORD AND ACHIEVES THE TITLE OF THE RICHEST AND MOST INFLUENTIAL MAN IN TODAY'S SOCIETY. READ MORE ON PAGE 143!!!!

Alicia's mouth dropped and gazed at his picture on the cover. She knew the name and she remembered him being so talked about. It finally clicked in her mind. 

"Jacob Perez is the person who saved me??!", she whispered in shock.