Chapter 6

Chapter Warnings: Manipulation, frightening/monstrous imagery, voyeurism, dubious consent, dom/sub elements, edging

---------------------------------------------------

Pennywise POV

I remained with her in the abhorrent, human-infested building until she was granted permission to leave. I informed her that I would take my leave and that I would return to her to negotiate the trade at another time, knowing that her current feeble state wouldn't allow her to think clearly.

Lurking in the shadows, I awaited her to arrive at her home. When I saw the vehicle near the domain, I crawled up the side of the building and slithered through the window, making my way underneath the frame of her bed in the dark, secluded room.

I could smell her even before she came into view. Normally my mouth would salivate at the scent of a human that I had targeted, knowing that it would lead to a fulfilling meal, but something else drew me to her. I couldn't quite yet place it, but I fully intended to find out.

She was my new obsession. Oh, she fought against it, that much was clear, but once I was set on a victim, I would relentlessly hunt them down until they were in my clutches.

Is that what she was to me? Another victim? When I was away from her, the urge to devour her whole was almost unbearable, but when I had her in my grasp, so vulnerable and weak in my arms, all desire to taste her was gone and replaced with something that I am utterly unfamiliar with.

It irked me. I am usually so in control of myself during the hunt when stalking my prey - so strategized and calculated in my moves, knowing what works and what doesn't. Humans are so miserably predictable, but not her. She seemed to surprise me at every turn, which was part of the many reasons why she intrigued me so.

For once, this wasn't the familiar situation of a cat chasing a helpless mouse. Oh, sure, I could easily slaughter her. Her skin would peel off just as easily and beautifully as any other tasty human, but for once, that didn't interest me. The thought of learning more about her was more intriguing than how her blood would glide so soothingly down my throat. It was an unexpected feeling that I couldn't yet comprehend.

Until I knew what my plans would be with my new toy, I would continue to play with her. We would continue this ongoing dance until one of us broke, and I was sure that it wouldn't be me. I lived for the chase - the game of 'capture the human', and she was my next target.

What I would do with her once I caught her, well... I had yet to figure that out.

I watched with curiosity as she crossed the threshold into the room, closing the door behind her before limping slightly to the closet due to her injury. My instincts were telling me to attack now that she was weakened. I had to force myself to hold back from simply snapping her neck and draining her of life.

She grabbed a dark piece of attire from the closet that looked large enough to cover her body entirely and placed it aside while she started to remove her clothes. I licked my lips as she began lifting them away, piece by piece until she was bare apart from a thin layer covering her lower region. My eyes wandered over the bruises covering her beautiful skin, some from the accident and others of my own doing, making me swell with pride. As she placed the oversized clothing over her exhausted form, I grew impatient and couldn't prevent myself from announcing my presence.

"Well, don't you look tempting?" I relished in the way her eyes widened with shock before she quickly realized who it was that was speaking and her expression quickly turned to that of annoyance. I laughed inwardly at her fiery spirit despite how drained she appeared to be.