Warning Nephilim Driving (Part Two)

THIS CHAPTER IT WRITTEN BY THE AMAZEBALLS WOMAN 

Claire's POV: After continuing our driving lesson, thankfully with no more crashes and only three angry phonecalls from Dean berating us for taking his 'baby', I tell Jack to pull over on a deserted lane so we can take a much needed break. Well, I need a break, Jack's nephilim energy seems unlimited after what I assume was only three hours of sleep, so he could've probably kept driving (or more accurately: barely avoiding crashing) all day. I, however, am drained and almost glad my dad got possessed by an angel and prompted me to leave school and give up on my childhood dream of becoming a teacher. Almost.

"I don't think I'm getting any better" laments Jack, his face uncharacteristically droopy and his eyes screaming defeat. Apparently a super powerful being's weakness was crappy driving lessons. 

 "Yeah, well, usually driving courses take a lot longer than just a few hours. Considering how little time we've been doing this you're actually doing pretty well" I try to comfort him, but he isn't wrong. We only have a couple more hours until Sam and Dean expect us back at the motel, and even less time until Dean has an aneurysm from being away from Baby. 

"But I've already crashed the car once. And I have to get better so we can defeat Lilith" he says,slumping in his seat and accidentally nudging the gas pedal with his foot, causing us to lurch forward unexpectedly and both of us, mostly me, to scream. Apparently he hadn't turned off the ignition. 

"Maybe a little fresh air will help you focus, come on" I watch as he takes the key out of the ignition and then I climb out the car, before sitting on the hood.

"Does fresh air help you?" he asks innocently, standing so he's facing me now and a good few feet away from the car. Perhaps he's worried it'll blow up if he gets any closer which, judging from the rest of this morning, isn't all that far fetched.

 "Nah, not really. I just don't like to stay in one spot. If I get too stressed and need to cool off I go for a long drive, just me and the open road, it's... Relaxing, I guess. No need to be outside. " He stares at me for a second before turning his attention back to the car, seemingly lost in thought.Though he usually has that pondering look on his face so it's hard to tell. 

"You must really like cars then." He murmured, very clearly trying to figure out how any sane person could enjoy cars when he'd just found out that they're 'extremely difficult' to drive. 

"Yeah, when I was younger I used to go with my- my Dad to visit my Uncle every weekend. I hated my Uncle, and the feeling was mutual, but it meant that every Saturday I got to spend 70miles worth of time with my Dad, where he'd play car games with me, ask me about school and even... Explain how he was driving the car to me." I mumble the last part and quickly look at the floor, overcome with the emotion that I'd been repressing for years. 

"That's how you learnt how to drive? The man, your dad, that Castiel took as his vessel taught you?" Jack asks, unsure of how to comfort me but reaching out and patting my head as a kind gesture nonetheless, causing me to chuckle despite my welling tears and look back up at him with a small smile. 

"Yeah... We were really close until... You know..." I say, brushing some of my tears away and tucking my blonde hair behind my ear. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. In the movies that's what people say when someone they care about has lost someone." Jack gave me another one of his infamous head tilts before sitting next to me on the hood of Baby, apparently deciding that my happiness was more important than the risk of both of us dying in a fiery exploding car wreckage. Or perhaps only I would die, Jack is probably indestructible. 

"Yeah... That is what they say... Thanks, Jack" Feeling better from Jack's amateur comfort, I reach over and pat his head back. "You really are like the little brother I never had" 

At my words his hazel eyes widen in surprise and does the more traditional gesture of affection of a hug. Though at first taken aback, I quickly reciprocate and squeeze him back, happy for once to have someone with me on a hunt. 

"This cuddle fest is great and all, but I still need to teach you how to drive" I say after a few moments, pulling away and looking back at the Impala with disgust for being a symbol of mine and Jack's duties this morning. 

"Maybe we could try something? Angels can absorb information by touching some ones forehead, Castiel did it once. Maybe we could..." Jack suggests, I take a second to decide but realise I trust Jack to poke around in my head... and that there's no way he's going to learn how to drive unless we try it. Because seriously, he can't drive to save his life. 

"Okay, let's try it. " I let him tap my forehead and, after a rush of adrenaline and perplexity, he removes his hand. He seems a little taken aback but quickly regains his composure- I wonder what he saw. 

"I think I can do it now." Jack gets back in the cat and starts the car, expertly turning it around so I can easily climb into the passenger side. He pulls out to the middle of the lane and accelerates back towards the main road with confidence I haven't seen him with behind the wheel before.

His driving actually seems more fluid and skilled than mine, momentarily I wonder whether Jack had absorbed every speck of car knowledge my dad had fed into me all those years ago, even the stuff so far back I couldn't even remember it. But that couldn't be, so I I enjoy the comfortable silence of the impala as we drive off back towards the motel, never coming even close to crashing.