"Nope." Sal said, popping the 'p'.

"Hi, I'm Kylie your waitress, I will be serving you today. Would we like to start off with drinks?"

Sal and I locked eyes and stared at each other. I broke it and looked up at Kylie.

"I will have the strawberry limeade." I ordered.

"Okay, and what about you sir?"

"I'll take a regular water." Sal ordered.

"Okay! I'll bring those right over."

When she left, I could feel that Sal had his eyes on me. I didn't look up though, I let him be. I chose whatever seemed good to me before closing my menu and looking up. I leaned back into my chair and folded my arms over my chest.

"You've been staring at me for the past fifteen minutes. What's up?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Nothing. Just, you look nice. That's all." Sal said quietly.

"All I'm wearing is a black polo shirt with some black skinny jeans. There's nothing nice about me right now." I chuckled.

"You just don't see what I see." Sal said with a snicker. I rolled my eyes.

"I know exactly what you see, and right now it's a pile of-"

"Water for the mr..."

"Thank you." Sal thanked.

"...and strawberry limeade for the ms." Kylie finished.

"Thank you." I thanked.

"Are we good for orders?" Kylie asked.

"I am, I don't know about..." I trailed off, looking at Sal.

"I'm ready." Sal said.

"Okay then sir, what can I get you?" She asked.

"I'll take the steak and arugula on sourdough sandwich with the low-fat chicken noodle." Sal ordered.

"Okay, and what about you ma'am?"

"I'll take the bacon turkey bravo sandwich on tomato basil with the low-fat chicken noodle as well." I ordered.

"Okay, coming right up."

We handed her the menus and she walked off. I placed my elbows on the table and intertwined my fingers with each other. I set my chin on my hands and looked at Sal with a smirk. Sal chuckled and imitated me.

"What?" Sal asked.

"Nothing. You just look good today." I said with a wink.

"Oh-ho! So you're taking my lines now aren't ya!" Sal argued.

"Nah. Just was telling you what my mind was thinking." I shrugged.

After a little while, our food came. We had a nice lunch and small conversations here and there, talking about work and what's going on. Sal would glance up once and a while just to get a good look at me. I just shrugged it off, focusing more on how I had to head back to my shitty job and what was coming up next. That lead to my mind to think about the job Q offered me. To work on a television show. What would that be like? Would I even be useful? To add on, it's a hidden camera television show. How would I handle that?

A snap in my face caught me off from my thoughts. I blinked and regained my real life vision. I focused on Sal, whose eyebrows were raised, concerned.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I gave a side smirk." Yeah, I'm fine. I just zoned out."

"I noticed." Sal said, adjusting himself in his seat.

An alarm came from my purse. I opened it up, realizing it was my phone reminding me to get back to work. I shut it off and started to collect my things.

"I have to go. Do you mind paying for this?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's fine." Sal said pulling out his wallet.

"Thank you. I'll pay you back, I promise." I said.

"No, there is no need to. I can survive this." Sal defended himself.

"No, it's my lunch, I told you to meet me here, it was my treat. I will definitely pay you back."

Before Sal could answer, I ran out the doors and to my car. I was already five minutes late to work. Fuck.