Chapter 1

Lydia’s POV

“Lydia come say goodbye to me!” my mother yelled up the stairs.

I put my laptop on sleep and booked it down the stairs knowing she’d hate it if I was slow.

“Bye mom.” I said while hugging her tightly.

“No I told you before but you need to listen this time. No one in the house, no one out of the house. Stay safe, no parties, and no boys.” She said firmly.

“Yeah mom who am I going to invite? Ryan? He’s half way across the country working right now.”

“Don’t sass me.” She said slapping me yet again.

“Will you stop doing that! It’s annoying and of course I will sass you, it’s what teenagers do. Well at least normal ones.” I muttered the last part.

“And you’re not normal Lydia. And fine I’ll stop hitting you. Just do your work. I’m sorry if I don’t call you’ll just have to understand that I’m busy.” She said rubbing my cheek that she slapped.

“I know going to Italy for 3 months is going to be very time consuming.” I say sarcastically seeing if she would hold up to the no hitting rule.

I saw her flinch slightly but she didn’t hit me.

“Bye mom have fun.”

“Bye Lydia take care.” And she walked out the door.

The door closed and I did a happy dance sliding around the house.

My mother wasn’t going to be here for the whole summer. Since I’m homeschooled my summer starts the first day of June and it ends the first day of September.

I was one lucky girl.

I ran around the house opening up all the windows. No one would try to break in since my neighborhood is very isolated and the house are pretty spread out.

I locked the front door and stood in the middle of the open area of the first floor. I breathed in a sigh of relief. I was going to run the house and be my own person. Not the machine my mother made me into.

I ran up the stairs and took all of the college books and put them in my closet since I wouldn’t need those for awhile.

Maybe I could make a bonfire and burn them?

No then I would have to use water to put it out, and water and I don’t mix.

So yes I, Lydia Sky, am a mermaid still. I have learned how to swim and do all sorts of mermaid activities like sitting on a rock and admiring myself and everything!

Yes that was me being sarcastic.

I still haven’t met my father yet. I know it’s sad but apparently it’s “for the best”?

I practice daily at the pond at night because my mother is a heavy sleeper and she never hears me when I go out.

I already graduated college, when I was 7, and I currently have no friends. Ryan is a big movie star in Hollywood and he left our small-ish town.

I miss him but he always talks to me by text, e-mail, or twitter. Sometimes even Skype if he gets the chance.

One time during a movie, when he was first starting out, his character had to be in a coffee shop and play and extra that was texting on the phone. So he actually texted me. It was fun and when I saw the movie it was better because as I watched it I read the texts and saw the reactions he made.

Anyways I was in my room and I fired up twitter.

I decide to send Ryan a tweet.

Go to twitter self.