Chapter 32

Lydia's POV

Living without a parent for my first 18 years of life taught me how to be strong. It taught me how people weren't always going to be there for me. How, I shouldn't count other people to make me happy, that I needed to find my sunshine in life.

Now, after 18 years, this person comes practically out of no where and tells me that he is, in fact, my father. The same father my mother cried nights over. The same father that I got my mermaid abilities from, that I got most of my personality and looks from.

"I really am sorry." He whispers to me, across the coffee table in my living room.

He kept repeating that to me, 'I'm sorry'. That only made me feel worse about everything. It made me feel guilty about ignoring him and fighting back.

I was still silent since he told me that he was my father. It had been 14 minutes since my world had fallen down. I couldn't comprehend what he told me.

How could he be my dad?

What had happened with him and my mother, that made him jump off the Earth?

"I just..." I bite my lip, shaking my head slowly. "Where have you been?"

He looked shocked by my question. "What do you mean, where have I been?"

"Why did you disappear? You could have fought for me." I explain.

"I tried fighting for you, I really did." He begs a bit, trying to make me understand. I didn't want to understand though.

"I thought I'd have a dad stronger than that." I whisper.

Damn, I was being too harsh. From the look on his face, I knew I had struck a soft spot.
"Lydia, that's not the only thing I have to tell you..." He trails on, not knowing where to start, is my guess.

"Please, don't tell me I'm going to grow three heads by tomorrow." I beg, rubbing my throbbing forehead. "Actually, I'd rather hear that than anything else right now."

I get up off the couch, a round oval shape imprinted from where I sat with my soaked clothing. I slowly walk to the stairs, picking up the now dry heels on my way. I also sling my messenger bag over my shoulder to put on my desk.

"I'm going to go get changed. I'll be back in a moment," I tell them.

I walk up the stairs and then into my room. I shuffle over to my closet and dump the heels at the bottom in a basket. I pick out a new long sleeved top and some pyjama pants to go with it. I change into the new clothes, snatching my cellphone from my bag.

I open it up to see if I got any new texts. My eyes linger on Harry's name, but I know that it will never work out anymore, no matter how much I still love him.

How could he tweet that to the world?

'@Harry_Styles: I'm not with Lydia, and I will never be!'

I mean, ouch, that actually hurt me. The reason he probably tweeted it instead of saying it in an interview since he knew I didn't use twitter. When was the last time I used it? June?

I think its time to change that. I open a new tweet and begin to write something that I've been dying to write for awhile now.

"@Lydia_Sky: You can't break me."

I press send and watch as it zooms off to who know's where. In seconds I see people retweeting it, talking about it and favoriting it. Wow, fame was crazy. I wasn't even dating Harry! These people were funny.

I pocket my phone, exiting my bedroom. I walk down the stairs, my face holding a small smile. Even when I hadn't used twitter since June, people were still so impacted by what I had to say.

"Hey, sorry I took so long." I smile at the two guys on the couch. "What did you want to tell me?"

"Should I be blunt this time?" David questions...should I start calling him 'dad'?

"Weren't you blunt last time?" I chuckle.

"Lydia, did you notice Austin looked like me?" David asks, running his fingers through his hair.

I shrug my shoudlers in response, "So?"

"Austin is your brother Lydia," he tells me, being blunt once more.

I let my jaw drop this time, "What?" I guess I quickly chose the route to not be silent when hearing this newfound news.

"Yeah...sorry." He holds his hands up in defense. "Your mother gave birth to twins...?"

"I'm a twin?!" I widen my eyes until they hurt. This was insane, this was too much. "No, you're lying."

"It's true. Tanya knows that Austin is the son of a woman on land." He shakes his head as he explains this.

"Does Austin know this?"

"He knows that Tanya isn't his mother." David laughs weakly, as if he was a child that got caught. "But, he doesn't know that you're his sister."

"Twin sister actually," Chace pipes up, walking back into the living room from the kitchen.

"This is very complicated." I mutter.

"You're telling me." David chuckles, looking at me every so often.

The room grows silent quickly.

"I'm glad you told me." I say finally. "It's nice to know who my father is...and it's cool to know that I have a twin brother."

"It probably wasn't cool for your mother to give birth to both of you," he chuckles.

"Maybe that's when she turned sour." I let out a huff.

"She's always been like that, I thought she was just playing hard to get." He winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"That's gross." I try to force a seriosu face but fail. I smile at him, wanting to show him that I was comfortable with him around me.

"I've always loved you, Lydia."

I close my eyes taking in the moment. Was this everything I expected when I met my father? Did it all add up?

I open my eyes, looking into his green eyes.

"I've always wanted a dad." I pause. "Care to be mine?"

He breathes out a sigh of relief, "Yeah, I really would." He tells me holding back tears.

I keep my own tears back as I stand up. He looks at me shocked as I bend down adn give hima hug. Yes, it did feel weird at first, being in a stranger's embrace, but he was my father and I'd treat him like it even if I didn't want to.

"Dad?" I whisper quietly into David's chest.

"What?" He whispers back.

"I need to tell Chace something." I whisper.

"Okay," he says, loosening his grip on me. I see streaks on his face, showing me that he had cried during our hug. He reaches up and gently touches my own cheeks, his thumb wet when he pulls away.

"Chace," I say, sitting back down next to him on the other couch.

"What's up, babe?" He questions.

"Babe?" David jumps at the nickname.

"It's just a nickname, I promise." I share a quick look with David before continuing. "Well Chace, I have something important to tell you."

Chace leans back on the couch, his arms outstretched across the back of it. He sighs and gives me a lazy grin, "Well, as it is sharing time, continue."

"Okay," I shrug my shoulders. "But you have to promise never to share this with anyone unless I tell you it's okay, alright?"

"Um...sure." He nods.

"Good, now that that's settled, I should just say it." I pause gaining some confidence. "Chace, I'm a mermaid."

And unsurprisingly, he took it well.

Harry's POV

November felt like such a slow month for me.

We were going to an award party last week whena reported had mentioned Lydia. They had beun to talk trash about her and say that we would have never worked out.

I kind of lost my cool with them.

I remember yelling at them, then being pushed into a limo by Paul and Zayn. All seven of us had been squished into one limo uncomfortably. Louis brought Eleanor; Liam had found a date to go to the award party with, a girl he had saved at a local cafe, and her name was Sophia.

I remember meeting her the day before the party, she was shy and nervous. She was 18, the same age Lydia was now. All throughout the lunch, I couldn't help but think that Sophia would get along with her. They were both cheeky and loved to break hearts with their sarcastic comments.

I think the best thing that came out of that lunch was Liam's new found love for a girl. Even if he wouldn't admit it to me, he was very fond of the new girl. She would be a good addition to our little family.

"Harry, snap out of it."

I look up to see Zayn looking down at me. His quiff was falling flat, going across his forehead now. He wore a distressed look on his face.

"What's up?" I yawn, exhausted from my sleepless nights.

"We have to head out for a meet and greet." Zayn walks away from my bed and to my open suitcase. "You're not even dressed, mate."

"I'll be down in a minute." I say, waving for him to leave.

"That's complete bullshit." Zayn says bluntly.

I jump when I hear him swear at me. Zayn wasn't one to swear unless it was a serious situation, just like Lydia. Hearing him curse at me only made me angry.

"Excuse me?" I hiss. "Who do you think you are? Telling me what to do, telling me how long I'm going to take? Mate."

"I'm one of your best friends, that's who. And I'm also someone that's been dragging your ass around all these months while people have turned their backs on you. You claim to be over Lydia, but in reality, you're not." He takes a few steps towards me, rage in his eyes. "Why don't you open your eyes and realize that she isn't the only person in the world."

I wanted to punch a wall. I wanted to run out of the door and just sprint anywhere. I felt like I've been held down for too long and I'm in need of a break. Wasn't this supposed to be our winter break? Why was it so stressful, for god's sake?!

"Stop pushing everyone away, Harry." He whispers, walking out Zayn and I's hotel room.

He leaves, slamming the door, and I dive onto my bed. I lift one of the pillows to my face and let out a loud, needed scream. I let out all the pain of not knowing where she was out. I let out all my pent up anger. I let out my depression of not being there -where ever that was- with her.
This was killing me inside.

After a few minutes of yelling and breaking my voice, I remove the pillow from my face. I lay on my back, facing the beige colored ceiling, the pillow still fisted in my hands by my side.

"Harry, let's go!" I hear Louis bang from the other side of the door.

"We're going to be late!" Liam calls.

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to process everything. Everything that my life has become.
Lydia wasn't mine, and I wasn't hers. I was in New York. Lydia lived somewhere I did not know of. But Ryan knew.

Bingo.

I jump off of the bed, grabbing the clothes Zayn had taken out of my suitcase. I strip instantly, changing into the new clothes. I run into the bathroom and quickly brush my teeth before grabbing my wallet and phone, stuffing them into my pockets.

I open the bedroom door to see my four brothers standing their, shocked expressions adorning their faces. I give them a wide grin and walk through the group, leading the way.

"What's gotten into him?" Louis asks someone. I continue to grin to myself as I make my way to the lift. Being in a world-wide known boyband had its perks since we had the entire floor to ourselves.

"I don't know, but I'm happy he broke that long depression streak." Niall tells him. I press the lift button to go down and I hold my hands behind my back, letting mysel grin naturally.

"You guys," I begin to say, speaking over my shoulder. "Have Zayn to thank for this sudden change."

The boys slowly make their way to the lift doors, I stepping in first when the twin doors open up. I turn towards the exit when I reach the back, leaning my body against the mirror-like walls. We all file inside and Niall presses for the Lobby.

Zayn leans against the wall to my right, looking forward just like the rest of us. Liam was busy on his phone -probably texting Sophia, Louis and Niall were joking around about something that happened last night, and Zayn and I were just quiet.

"Thank you, by the way." I lean to my right, directing my words to Zayn. "I really needed that wake up call."

"I'm sorry about swearing at you. I just wanted you back," he says, smiling gladly at me.

"It feels good to be back." I roll my shoudlers, loosening them up.

"Are you over her?" He asks softly, the lift doors opening to the lobby. The other three step out beginning a new conversation.

"Not in the least bit, but I know how to cope with it now." I pat him on the shoulder, exiting the lift.

Zayn chuckles, following behind me, "Well, that's a start."

"Zayn, I'm not ever going to be over her. I love her, it's as simple as that." I explain as we reach the main check in area. The Plaza hotel was just huge!

We exit the hotel, a swarm of security guards creating an aisle for us to pass through. A few reporters through witty comments at us, but we are luckily prepared for them.

"Harry!" One catches my attention and I look up at them. "Are you planning on starting a family with Lydia?!"

I chuckle shaking my head lightly, "Why would you think that? I haven't seen her in months!"

The reporter shyly backs away from the edge of the aisle, probably embarassed that I didn't give them an anaswer everyone expected. Everytime Lydia was mentioned, I flipped out on the reporters. They would always push for new information that I couldn't provide.

All five of us make it into the limo as it begins to snow fast. We all sigh in relief, not wanting to change if we got soaked. It was never easy to be this famous, but I'm not complaing.

I sat by the door, kicking my feet up on the empty seats next to me. Everyone was doing their own things to keep busy as we drove closer and closer to our meet and greet. I pulled out my phone, needing to talk to my new found friend, the Ryan Carter.

I wrote: hey mate, how's it going?

In a few minutes he wrote back: nothing, just getting ready for a date. You?

I wrote: on my way to a meet and greet. You still going strong with Emma?

He wrote: erm...I haven't spoken to Emma since july...

I wrote: oooh sorry...didn't mean to start anything

He wrote: no problem, the press hadn't even known about us for that week or two.

I wrote: oh...then who are you going out with?

He wrote:....someone...

I wrote: okay O.o I actually wanted to ask you something.

He wrote: what is it little star?

I wrote: where does Lydia live?

After a few minutes of passing the information over to me, I was all set. I had thanked Ryan countless times, him just saying that it was no big deal. I ended our conversation when the limo pulled up to the building holding the meet and greet.

I was just happy now. I would be seeing Lydia soon, that is, if I could somehow manage to break away from the reporters, paparazzi and fans.

Somehow, I would find Lydia again.

*****

Well, let's recap shall we? David is Lydia's father. Austin is Lydia's twin brother. And Harry has snapped out of his 5 month depression, on the hunt for Lydia again.

Wasn't this a fun chapter?

What does Harry have up his sleeve?

Find out in chapter 33:

Votes: 100

Comments: 50

I LOVE YOU ALL MY LOVELY LOVES!!