Chapter 2

I woke up to a loud radio and the smell of weed. I sat up and then crawled into the passenger seat.

"Good morning." Calum said while handing me the lit blunt he had been smoking.

I took in a long hit and then coughed it out.

"Can we stop and get something to eat? I have three dollars." I ask Calum.

"Yea, we can go to McDonalds. There's no other place open at 1am." He said with a chuckle.

I continued to smoke until we got to the McDonald's drive-thru.

"Get me some chicken nuggets Calum." I beg.

He orders the food and then we pull up to the window.

"Your total is $6.35." Said a man.

I look to see it was Phil Lester. I've heard of him at school. He's got a black emo fringe and I'm pretty sure that we're the same height, 6'2.

He made eye contact with me and notice I had a blunt. His eyes got big and he looked around behind himself.

"Hey, Dan." He said softly.

Wait. He knows who I am?

"Umm. Yeah?"

He stuck his arm out of the window and pointed to the blunt in my hand. I held it up and then raised my eyebrow.

"Lemme hit, please?" He begged.

I chuckled then leaned out the window handing it to him. He looked around and started smoking.

"What are you two up to?" He asked me.

"We're just hanging out." Calum said.

I stared at Phil as he blew out the smoke. I think he noticed I was staring because he started to show off by making rings and such.

I scoffed at him.

"What? You don't think I'm cool Dan?" He said.

"I'm just very tired, that's all." I said.

"Alright well I better give this back to you." He leaned out the window and handed me back my blunt. "I'll see you guys around I guess. Thanks a lot."

He handed us our nuggets and we drove off to  Calum's house.

"That guy seemed nice. How do you know him?" Cal asked.

"I don't know him. We go to school together. I didn't even know that he knew my name."

"Oh. Well we've arrived at my humble abode. You can crash in the couch as always."

I nodded then walked in his house. He threw me a blanket and then I laid down on his sofa and started to sleep.

I dreamt about Phil and all the times I've ever seen him. He's pretty popular at school and I would've never have thought that he smoked, or even knew my name. I've always fancied how confident his walk was in the hallway and how he's always first to raise his hand in the classroom. His wardrobe is so colorful and trendy. Mine just black clothes and a few meme shirts where I only where for special occasions. I wonder if Phil knew about the fight I got in the other day at school?

It was Senior Night where all seniors go to the school to look at brochures and shit for college. Me, being a senior, I had to go. I was looking into getting a major for English Literature so I go to a nice set up and listen to some person tell me all about it but then some guy decides to walk up to the stand and make fun of it. I let it go and think 'oh, he'll walk away' but no. He stood there for 5 minutes making fun of anything he could and he knew this was getting on my nerves so I punched him. He punched me back but I ended up punching him so hard he a collapsed to the floor and I almost got charged with 'Malicious Wounding' by the police so that was fun for my parents to hear.