Ch.11: Smashing Bottles

The days went by a blur and I just happened to ignore Ethan all these days. The days just consisted of crying, a lot of it. My emotions were just simply jumbled up. I was sad and angry. Sad because I never thought he would drop the news just like that and angry because I just don't know how I could have a crush on him when I knew he was this big heartbreaker with an ego the size of the earth. I was just furious.

I was still crying and don't even ask me how I got home. Ethan did offer me a ride and obviously I declined him since I already was frustrated and I didn't know how I would react around him. So I walked home, ran past my knocked-up dad and into my room, and cried my eyes out on a pillow. And then the most surprising thing, ever, for me, happened.

"Abigail?" My dad, yes my father stumbled into my room.

I didn't say anything at first since I was in complete shock and come on my eyes were strained with tears. But when I became normal I snapped at him, in anger.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped though my voice was soared and my throat hurt when I spoke.

My dad stared at me with wide eyes for a moment before turning his expression blank, just like Ethan. No. No... I won't think of him now.

"I guess I did deserve that attitude maybe even worse but then again as far as I know you were and hopefully still are my sweet baby girl?" He sounded weak, so weak I just wanted to go and hug him and rest my head on his shoulder just like I used to do when I was a kid.

I looked down at my hands and then turned to look at him, again.

"Dad..." I got up to him and hugged him. His green eyes looked so sad that I couldn't just sit there and watch him.

"Abby... my baby girl," My dad stroked my head as he cooed in my ears.

Tears escaped from my eyes. It broke me to hear him, out of all people to sound so broken. I mean, sure he didn't really pay attention to me for like three years and has been a douchebag and all but still he was my dad, my father. He cupped my face and wiped away my tears.

"What happened? Do I need to kick someone?" He asked jokingly.

I laughed, like I actually laughed. And shook my head a no. As much as I would love to see Ethan's ass getting kicked by my father for playing with my feeling, I couldn't see Ethan getting hurt. If that even makes sense.

"You don't need to hurt anyone..."

"Okay."

"Okay."

A frown formed on my face. "No offence but why are you actually here dad?" I had to ask since you just don't expect your dad to come to you just like that after three years.

He scratched his head. "I was actually trying to get liquor from the cabinets but then I heard you... crying. And I don't know... it just sent me through a ride of emotions," He said. "I felt like stabbing myself with the knife from the kitchen counter."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah..."

"Dad, no matter what, you know I will always love you." I said honestly.

"Really? Even after I skipped like three years of your life?" He said with watery eyes.

"Even after that. Because at least you were here with me, passed out on the floor. Unlike... mom who skipped five of my important years." I explained.

"I love you too, sweet peas. I love you too." He said taking me for a hug.

"And I'm so sorry. For-for being- your okay if I swear, right?" he asked.