Chapter 2

When I opened my eyes, it was like the world suddenly sprang to life. What used to be a sea of monochrome was now a tornado of shades that I didn't even know how to name. It was beautiful, but overwhelming.

As I stared up at the sky, I realized that the black and white I used to see it in didn't do it any justice. The stars were so bright, sparkling on a background that was so much more than just plain black. Just the sight of it took my breath away.

Lost in the wonder of colors, I had all but forgotten about the person who crashed into me. That is, at least, until I heard a groan from on top of me.

With that one groan, it was like the world came crashing back to me. I lifted my head from the ground, looking down at my chest. I came face to face with a color that can only be described as "cute". Thinking of all the times Namjoon has described colors to me, I tried to put a name to the color that I was looking at. Of course I had never had any idea what colors he was referring to in the first place so trying to figure it out was pointless. Giving up on the name, I decided I would just call it "cute" for now, as that seemed to fit it the best.

Pushing past my awe of the color in front of me, I cleared my throat, trying to get the attention of the man on top of me.

He lifted his head from my chest, turning his head to look at me.

"I am sooooo sorry," he exclaimed, a blush rising in his cheeks and mesmerizing me for a moment, "I wasn't watching where I was going. I.. I was in a hurry and I just crashed into to you! I'm so sorry!"

Sighing, I let my head softly drop to the pavement.

"I get it, it's fine. So can you just get off of me please? You're quite heavy."

He must not have realized that he was still on top of me, as he jumped up at my words, the color in his cheeks becoming even darker.

He reached his hand out to me, offering to help me up. Ignoring his hand, I pushed myself up from the ground. I saw a flash of hurt flash through his eyes as he drew his hand back to his side. I felt bad for hurting his feelings and immediately moved to ease his pain.

"Nothing personal," I said, rasing my hands up to show him my bloody palms, "I just wouldn't wanna spread any blood on you."

Seeing the blood on my palms, his eyes widened.

"You're bleeding!"

"It would seem that way," I shrugged. I shoved my hands in my pockets, hoping he wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

"Oh my gosh. We should get this-"

His statement was cut off when someone ran into his side, effectively knocking the breath out of him.

The newcomer grabbed ahold of Cute Hair, turning him so they faced each other.

"Jimin! I saw you fall! Are you okay," Newcomer asked, his chest heaving from running.

Ah, so his name was Jimin. Gotta admit, it's much more convenient than "Cute Hair".

Jimin nodded, "Take some breaths, Tae. You sound like you're dying. I didn't get hurt, someone else cushioned my fall."

Jimin turned to look at me, his forehead creasing.

"I just realize I don't know your name. I'm sorry that was rude of me."

I opened my mouth to tell him my name, but I was interrupted by a frantic voice.

"Yoongi!"

I sighed, recognizing that worried voice anywhere. I looked down the street, seeing Seok-jin running toward me, dragging Namjoon behind him by the arm.

I looked at Jimin, "My name is Yoongi, as he just clearly called out to the whole street."

Jimin giggled and smiled, his eyes becoming a thin line. 

"It's nice to meet you, Yoon-"

"Yoongi!"

Jimin was once again cut off by Seok-jin screaming my name, this time directly into my ear, the volume causing me to jump a little bit. I looked towards Seok-jin, ready to yell at him. Seeing the worried look on his face, though, made me decide against it.

"Seok-jin," I said quitely, "You are directly beside me. There is no need to scream."

Jin's worried expression only deepened at my words.

"We saw you fall, Yoongi. We were worried-"

"Correction, he was worried," Namjoon interrupted, "I knew you would be fine."

Jin threw a glare at his boyfriend, but it did little to phase Namjoon, who just continued to smile.

Sighing, Jin turned his attention back to me. His eyes swept over me from head to toe. Once he had made sure that I didn't have any visible injuries, he let out a sigh of relief.

"I was so worried. You could have been seriously hurt," he turned towards Jimin, "and you, young man! You should watch where you are going next time."

Jimin shrunk under the intensity of Jin's scolding. I felt for him, I really did. Jin could be really scary when he went into full-on mom mode.

"It's okay, Jin. He already apologized. It's fine," I said, hoping that Jin would just let it go. He was a good friend, but there was no need to embarass Jimin any further, or cause a scene on the street. That wasn't my kind of thing.

Jin huffed, but luckily he didn't go back to lecturing. Instead he turned to Namjoon, mumbling about ingrateful children. Rolling my eyes, I turned back towards Jimin and Tae.

"I'm sorry for that," I apologized. Jimin just shook his head, laughing softly.

"It's okay, I get it. I should have watched where I was going-" Tae pulled on his sleeve, and whispered something in his ear. Jimin's eyes grew wide, surprise taking over his soft features.

"Oh crap! You're right, Tae," he turned towards me, Tae already starting to pull him away by his sleeves, "I'm sorry but we have to go. Make sure to clean out those cuts on your palms!"

I hadn't fully processed what it would mean for him to leave. I hadn't even had time to fully process what it meant to be able to see colors, but now I was already going to lose it. I reached my arm out, fully intending to stop him from leaving.

But Jin grabbed my arm before I could reach him.

"You have cuts on your palms? Yoongi! We have to clean those or they could become infected," Jin chastised, going into mom-mode once again.

Namjoon giggled as Jin started to pull me towards my building, grumbling about how careless I was.

I didn't care about any of that though. All I cared about was the fact that with every step, my color was fading. Jimin was getting farther from me. And he was taking all the colors with him.

I tried to pull back against Jin, Hoping to gain just a little of the color back. But it was no use, Jin was too strong. I kept my eyes locked on Jimin's back, hoping that maybe he would turn around and come back. I found myself hoping that he would just turn around to see me.
It was no use though. As Jimin drew farther away from me, so did my hopes.

Foot by foot, inch by inch, until everything was gray again.