Chapter Eight

Screams sound, sirens blare, and guns shot. I grab Briana's hand and run. We both know that Maxon and Evan need to be fighting them. And them has only one name.

The rebels.

As we get out into the hallway, I look at Briana. We both know that we need to get everyone to safety.

"Follow us!" I scream, herding all the screaming people towards the dinning hall. They run after us, and Briana and I split up. We herd everybody, servents, cooks, maids, everybody into the dinning hall. My voice fails me, but I still yell over all the screaming. Every time I get weak, I touch the beautiful ring on my finger and keep fighting. I know that's what Maxon and Evan are doing.

When everyone is in the hall, Briana and I run towards the production room. Screams still erupt, and I see a group of rebels escaping. I pick up a gun from a fallen guard and am glad it has a scope. I shoot the gun at the rebels, I hit most of them. Good thing dad taught me how to shoot.

I turn back to Briana, to see she is frozen in fear, staring at a spot to the left of her. I see a rebel pointing a gun at her. I sprint towards her and tackle her, knocking her to the ground. I hear the gun shot, and a pain goes through my leg. I look down, I'm bleeding.

I look up to see the rebel is still running after me, and I grab the gun I was carrying. I shoot the rebel in the chest, and he falls down, still trying to do a task he'll keep doing forever. Briana stands up and looks at my leg.

"You're bleeding!" She says. She rips off the end of her dress and ties it around my leg. I still hear the screams from inside the production room, and I run towards it. Briana tries to get me to stop, but I tell her to keep a lookout with the rebel's gun. The one I killed.

I open the door and look in, I see rebels shooting at the royal family, but I can still see Maxon and Evan fighting, along with the guards. I shoot at the ones who pop up, and they don't notice me. Occationally, I hear Briana shooting a rebel from behind me, but I don't hear anything.

And then I feel so much pain erupt in my theigh, and I collapse, screaming for Maxon.

**Maxon's POV**

Thanks to the unknown shooter, we overtake the rebels, and turn to the door. I hear a voice scream my name, and another gunshot from outside. I look at Evan, and I run towards the door. A sight that sickens me greets me.

Crystal is on the ground, her leg wrapped in a bandage, and Briana is wrapping her theigh with more material on her dress. She sees me, and tears stream down her eyes. I fall to the ground next to Crystal, holding her hand tight. She looks at me, and smiles at the ring on her finger. Tears leak out of her eyes.

"I love you Maxon, don't forget that, okay?" Crystal whispers through the pain. Tears roll out of my eyes as I see Evan run the other direction.

"You aren't going to die, you hear me Crystal! You can't die!" I say, gripping her hand tighter in mine.

"We got everybody to the dinning hall, and then I couldn't bear the thought of not helping you. I shot, and then I got shot in the theigh," Crystal whispers again. So she was the unknown shooter. I grip her hand tighter in mine, and kiss her flaming cheek.

"I'm glad we at least got a little bit of time," Crystal whispers.

"You aren't going to die," I say again, tears streaming down my eyes.

"You don't have control over that. I just want you to do one thing, if I do," Crystal makes it sound like she's so sure that she will die, even if she says if, she makes it sound like when.

"If it's a girl, tell my mom to name her after me at least. I don't want her to not know her sister's name, and how she might have died," Crystal whispers. I look up to see Evan returning with two docters, carrying a strecher. Crystal is ripped away from me, and I get up, trying to go after her as the docters take her away. Evan restrains me, but my father has to too.

"She's not going to die!" I scream, and then I collapse into my father's chest, bawling like I was five years old again.

Short chapter I know, but, oh well. I'm so sorry I'm putting you guys through this, but I had to. I'm sitting ove rmy keyboard writing this and hating myself for putting Maxon through so much. Anyways, please, tell me what you think. Like? Hate? Update me, please. Comment and vote!

-Jessie

P.S. Again, sorry