Chapter Five

The next few weeks pass without anything interesting going on. I go on a couple dates with Evan and Maxon, but nothing major. Neither of them have kissed anyone yet, as far as I know of. However, personally, I'm leaning more towards Maxon, if I could say so. I know Briana likes Evan more. I wonder if she will win Evan. I also know that Maxon has been spending more time with Marie than any of the other Selected.

As always, when my maids try to wake me up, I mumble five more minutes. However, instead of sitting on my like Briana does, they push my off the bed. I lay there, glaring at each one of them.

"Should gotten up, Crystal," Anette grins. I roll my eyes as I get up. I get put into a black sundress, and thankfully, black slip on shoes. Again, I'm forcing the girls to just put my hair up into a ponytail. I go down to breakfast with Briana, and we sit down. I notice however, that several more girls aren't here.

"9 girls aren't here. There's twenty of us now," I whisper. To my disappointment, Maria is still here. Of course, she would. I'm pretty sure she's one of the public's favorite. Pretty, and a model. I'll bet Briana and me are at the bottom. Maria stands up from her seat and walks over to us.

"Enjoy your charity case, girls. That's the only reason your still here," Maria hisses, trying to get under our skin. Briana glares at her, and I clench my fist, wanting to punch her, but still wanting to stay, for some reason.

The King and Queen walk in, and we start eating. Minutes later, the princes walk in. We start to stand up, but they wave us down.

"Please, stay sitting, girls," they say. We all continue eating, and I glance up at them. Evan looks at me, and smiles. But I notice he twitched his head towards the side door. I quickly finish, and look at him. I walk out, and go towards where the side door comes to. Evan quickly comes out, and we walk towards the garden. We just walk in silence until we reach a bench. I sit down, and Evan wraps his arm around me. I look up at him, and smile. Suddenly, Evan reaches down and cups my jaw in his hand, and presses his lips gently to mine. While we kiss, I find myself going away, and straying towards the thoughts of Maxon. I wonder how he would kiss me?

When Evan pulls away, I know then that it's Maxon I truly love, even though I do love Evan. He smiles as he looks at me.

"Sorry, I just had to do that," Evan whispers. I nod, and look at his chest.

"It's Maxon, isn't it? You love him, not me?" Evan realizes. I look up at him, tears brimming my eyes.

"I love you, Evan, but I think I love Maxon more," I whisper. Evan smiles. He scoots back, towards a friendly distance with me.

"It's okay, friends?" Evan asks. I nod.

"What's the point of being a prince when all the beautiful ones love my brother better," Evan laughs.

"You know, there's another person here that shares my looks," Evan turns towards me. I smile.

"Briana really likes you, Evan. I think you should give her a chance. Get past the thought that she looks like me, and get to know her personally. You may be surprised by what you find," I say, patting his chest. Then, I get up off the bench.

"Do you want me to tell Maxon?" Evan asks. I don't turn around. I know what he means. Does he want me to tell Maxon that I love him, not Evan.

"No, it should be me to tell him," I say, and then I continue walking. I just search for Maxon, my mind made up, wanting to find him. And when I do, I turn the other way and run.

*        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *        *

I run to my room, and collapse onto my pillows. My maids look at me, and I turn away.

"Are you okay, Crystal?" Taylor asks.

"Migraine. Can I just be alone for a little while?" I ask. I hear the door being closed, and I turn away, that way, even though I know they left, if they were still there, no one would see the tear that drips from my eye down my cheek.

Okay, I know, short chapter. Anyways, now that all of you know that Evstal isn't going to happen (in this book, you guys can continue to ship it however you want), what do you think happened to Maxtal? Why do you think Crystal ran? Keep me updated on what you guys think, comment and vote please!

-Jessie