"Tell me why your eye is gold, what is the power that makes it like that?" he yelled. "Tell me!"

Rayvon shoved him back, but Kaiden retaliated by pushing him too. He lifted his fist, but a firm grip stopped him.

"Don't you dare hit my son," Vinny growled, standing in front of Rayvon and pushing the demon away.

Milokan tugged on Kaiden's t-shirt, looking a little embarrassed, and a little angry.

"Kaiden!" he hissed. "Do not yell, especially at Luka!"

Kaiden clenched his jaw and crossed his arms, hating how he could barely control his anger.

"What do you say?" Milokan pressed on. Kaiden didn't answer, and the young angel glared at him, which the demon found very cute.

"Sorry," he muttered, unable to resist such an expression.

Vinny relaxed and moved out of the way, revealing a terrified Luka who was quickly wrapped in Rayvon's arms, engulfed against his big body.

"Why did you want to know about his eye?" Rayvon asked, holding Luka securely against him.

"Is it linked to the power you have?" Milokan questioned when Kaiden performed an awkward glaring competition with Vinny.

"Yes."

"Well, Kaiden I think you've found your power, and that's why-"

Milokan was pushed out of the way once again by Kaiden's wings as they exposed themselves without the demon's command.

"That's why they are gold," he finished, only just able to stay on his feet after Zachariah stepped forwards to catch him.

All eyes were on the demon, the demon with wings covered in pure gold. The feathers glistened, reflecting all around the room. If the sun reached them, they would surely be blinding.

"Wow," Oliver breathed, looking just as mesmerised as Milokan.

"You have wings?" Panuleon asked in disbelief.

"They only showed themselves a few minutes ago. Kaiden's father is an angel, so it makes sense. I believe he is accepting our bond. Therefore the power that comes with it is now exposed." Milokan said, pleased with his conclusion.

"Yes, that could be true," Panuleon nodded. "They are wonderful."

By the hatred on Kaiden's face, he didn't want to feel his wings. Unable to control them was something he didn't like, especial when it came to something that was a part of him.

"So, you thought you didn't have wings?" Oliver questioned.

"They don't feel like mine." Kaiden glanced behind him. It was too unfamiliar seeing and feeling them near him. Angels are incredibly proud of their wings, and it is a chunk of them that defines their angel status. Without them, they would feel lost. However, Kaiden is no angel, and he doesn't feel like they suit him. He is more demon than angel, regardless of who his parents are. Hell used to be his home. He was raised believing he was a full demon, nothing more and nothing less.

"I can teach you how to use them?" Milokan suggested. "Maybe you will start to appreciate them if they are useful to you."

"I don't want them."

Panuleon shook his head. If Kaiden rejected his wings, he would find it hard to understand how they work. Being in sync with wings is the key to a smooth flight.

"You need time to adjust. Let's go to the gym, so there's room for you to practice and there are mats to aid any mistakes." Panuleon looked around, connecting his gaze with everyone in the room. The gathering could be an opportunity for the family, who live in the mansion, to accept Kaiden and Milokan and to understand how they work as soulmates.

* * * * *

Oliver smiled at the angels sitting in a circle in the big sports hall. The room was based in the right part of the mansion with gym equipment around the sides of the hall. It was an excellent area for the Vanderwood family and others to train for wars or to keep fit.

Zachariah and Jed took it upon themselves to teach Kaiden because they were the oldest. So far, they were trying to teach Kaiden how he could show his wings and put them away. Right now, Kaiden was too annoyed to put them away.

"This is not working," Milokan sighed. "He is too stressed to listen."

Truthfully, Kaiden didn't want to be taught by anyone other than Milokan. He felt the pride in his soulmate when he suggested teaching him, and the demon wanted him to feel that again.

"Maybe you try?" Zachariah beamed, fully aware that people, other than Jenny, Corey, and Panuleon, have been giving him funny stares. He looked a lot like Milokan and anyone who didn't know their secret was suspicious.

"Okay."

Everyone got up and wandered to different spots in the room, chatting and watching at the same time. Milokan sat in front of Kaiden. The demon's wings were still out, even though he hated the feeling.

"Remember in the bathroom? You put them away because you were relaxed. Being tense does not make it easier."

Kaiden nodded and tried to calm down when Milokan shuffled close enough for their crossed knees to touch.

"What if I just kept them in and forgot about them?"

"It will feel too irritating. I need to expose mine when they need stretching, and yours will. Your wings might even need washing from time to time because you have to keep clean anyway."

"Luka's wings need washing too," Corey added.

Milokan nodded and said to his soulmate, "I can help you with that."

Kaiden began to frown when he couldn't concentrate. Milokan studied his face, giving him a sweet smile, hoping it would help. The demon's glare did mellow, and he leant forward to grip the angel's cheeks and pressed their lips together.

As he hoped, his wings disappeared as soon as he got a taste of his soulmate.

Milokan was almost grinning when Kaiden pulled away, relieved.

"Are you going to show them again, or do you want to leave it until later?" Milokan asked.

Kaiden sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I may as well get used to them," he muttered. "I think I can fly with them. I'm just not used to controlling it."

"I understand. You taught me how to fly without leaving rifts, and land smoothly on earth. I do not doubt that you will be better at using wings than me," the young angel chuckled.

Kaiden's frown left his face for the first time today. Madison and Duke, the owners of the mansion and the alphas of the city smiled at one another, knowing it would take him a while to settle.

"Maybe. I'm not as clumsy as you."

"No, you are not." Milokan's smile stayed, happy that his soulmate was feeling better.

"At least my back has stopped hurting," Kaiden mumbled when he felt the heaviness behind him once more.

"try moving one."

Kaiden frowned when he flapped his left wing, sweeping his hair from his eye, exposing his scar.

"That felt weird."

"It will. I bet you will enjoy the wind in your feathers." Milokan turned to look out of the window, and he jumped with shock, suddenly crawling onto Kaiden's knee and gripping his shoulders. "What is falling from the sky?"

Kaiden looked up and almost smiled. Everyone else watched out of the window, not phased by what they saw.

"It's snowing."