Chapter Three: Heat

CHAPTER THREE: HEAT

                The entire ride home was pretty awkward. Silence filled every open space in the car as Hazza fidgeted with his hands, twirling his thumbs. I could tell he was avoiding talking to me. This wasn't like him, and frankly, it hurt a little bit. I know things were different with us, but silence, I couldn't handle that. At least, not from him.

                We pulled up to my house only minutes later, and I took the key out of the emission, locking the doors as well.

                "Why'd you lock the ermm...doors?" He was looking down.

                "You're not saying anything. You're acting weird because of last night. Why?" I pulled his face up to mine.

                "Hannah, you rejected me. I basically told you I was in love with you, and you didn't do a single thing."

                I looked down this time. "I didn't expect that to come out of you."

                "I didn't either, but I've been thinking about this for a long time now. I'm sure of it," he reached over for my hands, and pulled my chin up in the process. "And I know you feel something more too. I can see it in your eyes."

                I breathed in and out, staring into his blue-green pupils.

                "Harry, I don't know what you want me to say."

                "Just look into my eyes and tell me how you feel about me."

                I collected my thoughts. "When I'm with you, my world seems to make sense. I start to feel like I'm in slow motion. When I'm with you, I feel happy and safe and guarded. You've always been there for me, but I don't know what you want me to say!" I opened my door and jumped out. Harry followed.

                Once we were inside, all I could hear was our breathing, loud and clear. I had to break the silence.

                "What's  on your mind now?" I asked.

                "You. It's always you. " He walked closer to me, cornering me by the kitchen counter.

                "Harry, I don't know how I feel about this," I panicked a bit.

                "I know. But can I try something?" He asked, and I searched his eyes. He slowly moved his hands down my thighs, stopping just above my knees, lifting me onto the counter. He pulled a loose wave behind my right ear, and put his hand on my cheek, while the other one rested on the counter.

                This was it. It was happening again.

                His lips touched mine, and electricity shot down my body. I was stiff at first, and I could feel it, but then I got lost in it. I used my left hand to pull him closer, and my right to run through his soft curls.

                When the kiss stopped, I was breathless, and a little bit lost still.

                "Now tell me how you feel," he looked deep into my eyes.

                It all came together now. It was him. It had always been him. That's why I never dated anyone else. That's why I always felt better around him.

                I put my hand on the back of his neck, and pulled his lips to mine. We kissed again, but this time it was faster, and hotter. This time, his hand moved up and down my thigh and then rested on my waist.

                We kissed for a good five minutes, before I pushed him away and hopped off the counter. I grabbed both of his hands and pulled him into the living room, as he smiled.

                When we entered the living room, he reached for the television remote, but I beat him to it. He plopped down, as I turned the television on. He bent over and pulled me onto his lap. The TV turned onto Spongebob. Harry gave me a look and I laughed, and then he kissed my cheek.

                "Now, Harry, if we are going to try this for real, we need to talk it slow." He kissed my neck and then up to my forehead.

                "How slow are we talking?" He kissed my lips, and I kissed back.

                "Slower." I pulled away, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I laid back into his arms and we just sat there, for the rest of the day, until the sunset. And we fell asleep, next to each other, like we had done many times before, but this time was different. This time, I was lying next to the boy who loved me for me and more. The boy I loved back.

                                                                                TO BE CONTINUED...