Chapter 4

Maya

PARIS, FRANCE

            I walked down the street past the mans home.  I could see Nathan sitting in his car down the street.

            “Nathan, stop being so obvious,” I whispered and looked at the house.  I walked around the back and scanned the rooftop.  “Okay, perimeter’s secure. Kim, what do you have?”

            “He’s alone.  You want to move in or wait?” she asked.  I knew where she was, which rooftop and what rifle she was carrying.  I saw Ames standing across the street.  Kim was talking to Ames.  I didn’t exactly trust Ames.  I was secretly going in through the back and just making sure that Ames didn’t strangle him before he told us what we needed.

            “Okay, I am going to move in.”

            “Don’t kill him, we need the information,” Moreau said.  I grabbed the pipe that ran up the back of the building.  I used it to climb up the side of the building and then opened the back window.  I slid into the apartment.  Ames slid in through another window and I watched.  He pressed a knife to the mans throat.

            “What do you want?”

            “Sam Fisher, he been through here?” Ames asked.  The man didn’t say a word. “Where is Sam Fisher?”

            “We won’t get anything this way,” I hissed.

            “Go, Maya, get the answers we need,” Moreau said.  I walked into the room and grabbed Ames by the collar.  I hauled him off and looked at the man.

            “Sam Fisher, he came and spoke with you about something.  What was it?  Tell me what I want to know and you can go back to your show.”

            “Why you look for Sam Fisher?” he asked.

            “He’s our friend, we want to find him,” I said. “Where did you send him?”

            “He came to me asking about an arms deal involving specialized AK-47s.  I told him what I knew.” The man said.  I looked at him.

            “What did you know?”

            “That the case was being delivered to the buyers in an airfield, the buyers were paying five hundred thousand dollars a pop.  They were buying ten of these AKs.  I told him where the deal was going down and when.”

            “Where and when?”

            “If you are going to try and stop it, you are too late.  The deal went down two weeks ago, in Serbia.” He said.  I looked at Ames who was pissed.

            “Serbia?”

            “Did I studder?  Yes Serbia, two weeks ago.”

            “Abigail went radio silent two weeks ago,” Kimberly said.

            “Go back to your television show.” I said and walked out shoving Ames ahead of me.  We rallied back at the hotel.

            “So, Fisher went to Serbia two weeks ago,” I said.

            “Abigail cut radio contact two weeks ago from Serbia,” Nathan said.

            “Grim just sent Ben to Serbia two days ago and he isn’t answering his phone or his OPSAT,” Kimberly said.  Ames was looking at us like we were crazy.