《Log 6》

Log 6

Saturday, February 22nd

My fingers finished typing the last few words of Log Five, “The Sender”. I shook my head. I just couldn’t believe it. I’d finally met The Sender. And he had looked, normal. I don’t know what I’d been expecting him to look like–maybe some big and hideous scarred-up face monster holding a laptop–but never a human with a hood.

He’s not human. I recalled. I had asked if he was and he confirmed that he was not. So what was he exactly?

“J.T.!” I heard my mother call from the kitchen. “Supper’s ready!”

Oh, right. I hit save and uploaded the article. The Creepypasta page now had one more Log in its collection. Five down, two to go.

***

A quick recap of what happened after Log Five. (I know you’re probably wondering why I’m inserting information like this, but I don’t care. I’ve been through enough already.)

Moments after I lost consciousness I awoke in bed. It was 7:00 P.M. and it was still the 23rd. The Sender had put me back just before the Rake had visited me. While I’m grateful it gave me time to write down the Log, I wish I’d not woken up. The Rake had been the last straw. The others before it had been bearable, but this had been different. I no longer felt ready to face these nightmares. I no longer felt as brave as I had when Jeff had shown up or as witty as I had when B.O.B. had been defeated. I only felt emptiness.

I want this to be done.

I want this to be over.

***

The next morning I sluggishly got out of bed. Great, another day, another visitor.

I sighed, then murmured, “Man, why couldn’t I have just said, ‘No’ that day when it asked if I wanted a story?”

I glanced at my computer, remembering how this all started, then shook my head.

Best not to dwell on what can’t be changed; now get up, get moving and get ready. There’s going to be another visitor soon and self-pity isn’t going to help. (But knowing that doesn’t make things any easier.)

I got dressed putting on both my jeans and favorite blue hoodie. Now onto the problem at hand, The Sender.

I went to my computer and logged onto the Creepypasta page. The freak had warned me yesterday that whenever he called, I should answer, so I decided to do one better. Call him.

Once everything was set, I waited for The Sender to contact me. I had a few questions for him, and I wasn’t going to take no for an answer to any of them.

I didn’t have to wait long at all, unlike so many other times before. A text box immediately appeared.

“Hello and good morning to you, sunshine.” It said.

I crossed my arms and stared at the screen with a blank face. He’d already drained me of annoyance. There was no need to a show a reaction.

“Oh, going to be quiet again, are we?”

“No,” I immediately answered.