Chapter One

June 1st was without a doubt Jacks favorite day of the year. Every year on June 1st Jack woke up far too early, loaded up his beaten down minivan and headed north. This June 1st was no different.

At the ungodly hour of 5am he woke up to the screeching of the alarm on his phone. He rolled out of bed to shut it off and laid in bed for a second trying to shake off the deep sleep. Looking at his texts however made it a little easier to get out of bed and throw on a old shirt from camp before grabbing his pre-packed trunk and heading out of his room.

"Spot! Crutchie! Get your asses out of bed or you're walking to camp!" He yelled through the small apartment, rapping his fists on the boy's doors. As he moved to set his trunk in the front hall he was distracted by a knock from the other side of the front door. Opening the door, he was greeted with the familiar faces of Blink and Mush, Blink practically holding up his grumpy looking boyfriend.

"I see someone ain't enjoying our early wake up call" Jack said cheekily, moving to let the boys in to the small living room.

"Shuddup" Mush shot back groggily as he flopped down onto the couch. Blink shrugged and moved to sit down next to his boyfriend, Mush immediately cuddling into his side. Jack smirked at the tired couple before directing his attention once again to the other members of the house hold. As if on que Jack heard a familiar uneven gait coming down the hallway.

Crutchie hobbled out into the living room dressed and looking far to chipper for it to be 5am, followed closely by Spot who was carrying both his and Crutchie's trunks. Unlike Crutchie however, Spot was stoic, setting down the trunks next to Jack's and immediately heading to the kitchen and turning on their coffee machine.

"Mornin" Jack called out to him but simply got a grunt in return.

"He strongly believes in the whole 'no talking til coffee' thing." Crutchie reminded the group before moving past Jack to sit in his recliner, setting down his crutch by the coffee table. Spot emerged from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee in one hand and his phone in the other.

"We gotta go, Race is gettin antsy 'parently" Spot said before chugging his coffee and moving to grab all three of there trunks and exiting the apartment to head to the garage.

"How does he do that?" Blink looked wide eyed as he left. Crutchie laughed and simply followed him to ride the elevator down to the parking garage. Jack checked his watch only to realize that Spot was correct, and if they were going to make it to Maine by 2pm they were going to need to leave soon, especially if they had to pick up Race.

"Ok dudes we's gotta get goin, so grab your trunks and meet the group down at the garage" he said to the other two boys, waiting for them to get out. Blink tried to stand up but was weighed down by Mush who was practically on top of him at this point. Realizing he had to stand up Mush rolled off the couch and he and Blink left to grab their trunks from their apartment a floor below the others.

Jack took a minute to look around the apartment to make sure they weren't forgetting anything, seeing as they would be gone for the rest of the summer. After double checking the windows were locked and the appliances were turned off and empty he finally grabbed his key off the hook and locked the door behind him.

He headed down a level to find Blink and Mush trying to load their trunks onto the elevator. Jack grabbed Mush's trunk and pulled it in to the elevator. After some mumbled thanks from Mush, he pressed the button for the garage.

When they got down there Jack and Spot had to figure out how they were going to fit six trunks into the trunk of Jack's beat up old Chrysler without lowering the back two seats. Finally fitting four out of the five trunks into the back, Jack decided they would just have to shove the other one where their legs should have gone in the back. Much to Spot's dismay, he would have to sit in the back since he was the shortest. Crutchie had called shot-gun almost immediately so he and Jack sat up front since Jack refused to let anyone else drive his car. That left Blink and Mush to take the two middle seats, Mush already asleep by the time they pulled out of the garage.