drarry✧the incredible race

hehe i'm gonna have a semi-related textpost/meme as the media for every chapterrr

The Incredible Race - by dysonrules
word count: 51k

Description: Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy, Aurors, are forced to join a televised global race in order to provide some free positive publicity for the Ministry, despite the fact that Aurors Potter and Malfoy don't exactly get along.

Rate: 8.5

Mature? Yes.

Opinions: HGJAGKYFKSTCUKT guys, idk 'bout you but i freaking love the amazing race so when i found this little fic... OOOOH honey did i get excited. it's basically a wizarding world version of the show. i loved the parts where they were competing and such, it was so fun! BUT i do have to say my fav parts might've just been the bad commentary of ron, hermione, and others from the couch when they're watching at home. i appreciated the smutty-ness. my one criticism might be that said smutty-ness occurs quite early on and gets slightly repetitive, i'm a slow burn girl myself, so it made it difficult to finish (but well worth it).

including...
-some minor jealous draco (my fAV)
-supportive friends
-competitive drarry
-little-to-no angst (aside from the elimination stuff but eh)
-sort of enemies to friends to lovers
-humor!!

//excerpt from chapter 1//

"'Good evening, lovely viewers! And welcome to the very first episode of The Incredible Race, brought to your homes and businesses via tellywizion and the WBC. I am your host, Lee Jordan. Tonight I am standing on the north bank of the Thames, waiting to meet our competitors, seven unlikely pairs who will brave blistering heat, freezing cold, and gruelling challenges in order to win One Million Galleons and the chance to call themselves the winners of The Incredible Race!

Without further ado, let's meet our stalwart contestants!"

"Hermione! Come watch this!" Ron bellowed. "It's on!"

Neville snorted a laugh. "Lee is wearing his Gryffindor scarf! What a card!"

"First up are bandmates, Allin and Jessyka, members of the wildly popular 'Ravenous Beasts'! Say hello to your fans!"

"Boooo!" yelled Ron.

"Ron, that's not nice," chastised Hermione as she placed a plate of sandwiches on the low table. "Oh my, is her hair... striped?"

"She looks like a rainbow zebra," Neville said.

"Hello, fans, friends, and family! We're going to kick arse!" The stripe-haired girl raised her fist and pumped it.

"We will win this thing!" her companion yelled, face almost completely obscured by a gigantic mop of black hair.

"Next up we have Virginia and Norton, a happy couple from Sussex."

Virginia's round face beamed from beneath a mop of reddish curls barely held down with a mauve kerchief. She waved wildly. "Pleased to be here!"

Ron snorted. "She looks soft. She'll be out on the first physical challenge."

"Don't underestimate her. You can't judge by appearances."

"I guess," said Ron dubiously and reached for a sandwich.

Norton's face filled the screen. He was a balding fellow with a missing lower tooth and a gummy smile. "Greetings, wizardfolk! We, Virginia and me, might not be athletic, but we plan to try hard and give it our all. Virgie is a tough bird and I am fair sharpish." Norton tapped his forehead gravely.

Ron snorted. "I'll bet even Malfoy can out-sharpish Norton."

Lee grinned at Norton and then moved away from the couple as the view switched to a pair of tall men.

Ron whooped, spraying bits of bread over the table.

"Honestly, Ron, the show has barely begun. Contain your excitement", Hermione warned, but her eyes were fixed on the screen and she smiled even as she absently spelled away the crumbs.

"Next we have Auror partners and I'm sure you will all recognize at least one of them. Let's have a round of applause for Harry Potter!" Harry's sheepish grin filled the screen and he gave a half-hearted wave before he reached out and dragged forward a man who looked as though he would rather be incarcerated in Azkaban than in his current location.

"Draco and I are um... pleased to be here," Harry said. "Aren't we, Malfoy? Er... Draco?"

"Thrilled," Malfoy said in a glacial tone.

Ron guffawed loudly and slapped his knee. "This is going to be bloody hysterical. I wonder if Harry drops him off a cliff somewhere in darkest Africa?"

Hermione frowned. "It's really unfair they allow us no contact until after the series is completely shown. I hope Harry is all right, although I suppose they wouldn't be showing it if anything serious had happened..."

Neville chuckled. "Judging by their expressions, it's not Harry you need worry about."

ooOOooOOoo

"This is the bloody stupidest thing I've ever done," Malfoy growled when Lee Jordan moved on. "Fucking Edgemont.'"

(psttt if you didn't already realize just google '[ fanfiction title ] archive of our own' and it'll come up!)