Chapter 4 : Something's Wrong

Start from the beginning

"That was funny! You know, you tell great stories. Tell me more about you! You said you like to sing?" Lynn says.

Who was she talking too? Liz thought long and hard. Their was no one Lynn really talked to at school and she didn't have friends. Could she have an imaginary friend? Conforming that with a nod Liz went to close the door.

"She wore Blue velvet..

Bluer than velvet was the night

Softer than satin was the light

From the stars.."

Liz froze in her spot.That song. It's the song she remember Syrena had sung with her mother that night. How could Lynn know that song? Red couldn't have taught her so who-

"Mother."

Liz snapped out of her thoughts and looked down in front of her. Lynn stood in the door way of their room. She didn't even notice he opening it.

"Yes honey?" Liz asked.

"How long were you standing there?" Lynn asked.

"I just-"

"How long?" Lynn asked again.

"How about you go outside and play with your father and brother?" Liz asked trying to change the subject.

"How about you go about with you chores and stop being nosy." Lynn said with a smile.

She stepped back in her room and slammed the door shut.

¸.•*¨*'•.✘¸.•*¨*'•.

Around 7, Liz called everyone to come for dinner. Liz sat next to Red, Zeke next to his father. But Lynn was still upstairs. As they all began to dig into their spaghetti Liz twirled her noodles with her fork.

"I think something is wrong with Lynn." Liz blurted out.

Zeke and Red looked up, noodles hanging out both of their mouths.

"What do you mean?" Red asked.

"Since the show and tell, since she got that necklace-"

"What necklace?" Red asked.

"Syrena's necklace. She told me you gave it to her." Liz says.

"I never-"

Fast foot steps came down the steps along with giggles. The 3 looked towards the door way of the kitchen as Lynn came running in. She had a smile on her face, which slowly faded when she saw her family. Red looked at the necklace that was hanging from her neck. Lynn watched her father wipe his mouth before narrowing his eyes identical to hers.

"Lynn, did you take your Aunts necklace without asking me?" he father asked.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to know what you were hiding."

"You can't just take things that don't belong to you." Liz said.

"Says who? The human sitting in front if me?"

Zeke mouth hangs open as his eyes go wide.

"What did you just say to me?" Liz asked.

"I said human. A weak, pathetic, human." Lynn asked.

"Excuse me?!" Liz asked.

"Lynn what is wrong with you?" Red asked.

A dark shadow went across Lynn's face as she balled her hands in a fist.

"Me?! What's wrong with you! How could betray your family! HOW COULD YOU?! TELL ME WHY?!TELL ME BROTHER!" Lynn yelled.

"Lynn!" Zeke said.

Lynn closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened them she saw her family staring at her as if she was crazy. Her father was staring her as if he didn't recognize her. She felt a tear go down her cheek.

"I-I'm sorry." Lynn sobbed.

She turned and ran back upstairs to her room. Lynn paced up and down her room, staring at the necklace that hung around her neck. Why did she act like that? Why did she call her father brother? Lynn squeezed her hands tighter until she felt something wet and warm dripping down the sides of her palm.

She opened up her hands and starred at them. She had deep cuts in her palm from her nails. No, she had claws. She watched as the cuts healed away fast. Nothing liked that has happened before. Lynn gulped.

Something was wrong.