The Rats Strike Back

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Skye was sitting in a desk chair beside Leo who was both at his desk when the trio trudged into the lab and over to the cyberdesk with a tired groan.

"Another successful mission! Sure you guys blew a lot of stuff up, but hey, that's the city's problem now." Donald said with a clap.

"Ugh... I'm so exhausted! I can't wait to just stand up and go to sleep." Bree remarked while gesturing to her capsule.

"I still don't see how you three can sleep standing up. I mean, you're not horses, you're humans. Weird." Skye spoke up in amusement as she stood up and moved over to Donald's side.

"Well, either way, you guys get your rest." Donald also spoke up towards the trio, "My big NASA presentation is this week, and we still have to complete training on my gravity propulsion belt."

Leo stood up and also moved over to them, standing on Donald's other side as the boy grinned. "I don't know what that is, but it sounds like it does a lot more than hold up my pants."

"Way more." Skye replied, "Anyway, this is a huge contract to Big D. If NASA buys this, astronauts will be able to spacewalk anywhere in the galaxy."

"They'll probably name a moon after me- or a planet!" Donald added, "Things are gonna land on me! Ha ha! I'll see you three bright and early tomorrow."

"Wait. Tomorrow? No, no. That's not going to work." Leo started as Donald looked at him weirdly. "I planned an awesome cyberpong tournament."

Donald and Skye both gave him a 'really' look as Leo added proudly, "I made nicknames and everything. I'm King Pong."

"And tomorrow's the Teen Fiancée marathon on T.V!" Bree added with a small laugh, "I didn't think it was possible, but I actually found a group of people whose lives are more pathetic than mine!"

"And I was gonna have a spa day! According to one of Bree's girly magazines, I have cankles." Adam said a little sadly as everyone looked at him weirdly.

"And I was going to get a head start on my homework." Chase also added as Skye wrapped an arm around her nerdy, younger foster nephew/birth son's shoulders.

"Alright, look, none of that is happening." Donald shot down, "This stuff is important."

"What makes your stuff more important than ours?" Bree questioned him while folding her arms across her chest.

"Uh, 'cause my stuff can make a billion dollars. Yeah, so, when you're the boss, you can make the rules. But until then," Donald remarked, "I am the King of Davenportia, and you will all do my bidding! Ha ha ha ha!"

Donald was walking out of the lab backwards when the sliding doors started closing on him, hitting him multiple times.

"Man, this stinks." Leo sighed.

"Why do we always have to do what he wants us to do!?" Bree began to complain and then looked over at Skye and sighed, "I wish you were our parent instead."

Skye held back a smirk, but instead, shook her head slightly. "Donald is a good parent to you kids. You're very lucky. I don't exactly have that..." She cleared her throat and suggested, "I'll go talk to him, see if he can loosen up some to let you guys have your day off."