"Water would be nice." I said, avoiding eye contact. I don't think I could take another second of her uncomfortable gaze. Moments later she brought back an iced water.

Little droplets of water raced down the glass, cutting through the condensation. A small ringlet of water started to form around the bottom of the glass. Taking in a sip, the cold water rushed down my throat in the most refreshing way. The icy beverage froze my worries and anxieties that started to fill my head the moment I was left alone waiting for Jessica to arrive. I was left alone with only my mind to occupy me.

Am I really doing this?

It felt like something I would drift off during the day deep in my own thoughts and day dream of, but never actually imagine would happen.

"Brandon?" A woman spoke, clearing her throat the moment after she spoke my name. I wasn't sure if she did it to clear her throat or to get my attention. Her voice was soft, different than I imagined. "Jessica." She pointed to herself to introduced herself, holding out her hand while she was at it.

I nearly jumped out of my chair from nerves and elation. "Oh, come on. We're on a date, not a business meeting." I put on my best smile I practiced a million times in the mirror and pulled her in for a hug. She smelled like lavender.

Just like her.

I shook away the thought of her, trying to pay attention to Jessica and held on for a few seconds longer than I should have.

Her eyes opened larger than they naturally were and for a moment, I wanted to smack myself for turning the charm up a little too high and possibly overstepping the boundaries. That was until I started to see a bright pink blush show on her cheeks. "Smooth." She winked at me and I knew that my actions were the right ones.

"Sit." Quickly, I pulled out her chair for her and really noticed the way she looked for the first time since she arrived. Her curls frizzed out slightly and the sun complimented her golden hair. Her silk dress matched her eyes, hugging tightly in the chest but flowing out at the waist. Suddenly, I felt under dressed and wondered what her first impression of me was. She sat down, her dress not creasing one bit.

"Thank you." She sat her purse on the ground next to her.

"I grabbed a water while I was waiting for you." I was beginning to feel like I was over explaining myself, but judging from the look on her face, she didn't mind much.

She smiled, "It's alright. I probably would have ordered if I was waiting for more than a minute." She joked with a small laugh. "I told her my drink order anyways while she brought me to the table."

As if on cue, Charlotte was bringing back what looked like another water. "Can I start you guys with an appetizer?" She asked looking back and forth between Jessica and I.

"Do you want an appetizer?" I looked at Jessica.

She shook her head, "I'm good." In the most polite manner she declined.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Can we get a moment to look over the menu to decide what we want for dinner?"

"Sure thing." Charlotte nodded and walked off to take care of the other tables she was waiting on.

Jessica and I sat in a silence as we both looked over the menu, deciding what each of us wanted. A normal choice I'd make is going for one of the burgers, but as my eyes examined the menu, I felt an urge to try something new. The moment my eyes laid on the fresh grilled salmon, I knew it was what I should pick. "Did you decide?" My eyes peered up from the menu and looked at Jessica who's hands were already folded over her menu.