{FOUR}

K, I was kinda under a rock.  I'll try to be back in this again, soooo sorry
Simon remained in his room for the rest of the afternoon.  He sat on his bed, staring out the window, waiting.  Waiting for a miracle. 

Maybe she'd show up and it'd all be a dream.  Maybe she's just hiding somewhere.  Maybe she's just at a friends house and will come home later.  Maybe....

Maybe she really did leave. 

Simon blinks as he recollects a memory of the broken up bushes and how they were pushed down from the fall Talia revived during her escape.  But why did she escape is what kept running through Simons head. 

And the thing that hurt Simon the most was the fact her father didn't even care.  Her mother didn't either after she calmed down.  From his bed he watched their day go on as normal, Talia's window still open like she was just going to appear there and her bedroom door closed. 

Simon blinks, a tear dropping from his eyes.  In shock he wipes away its brothers, not realizing he was tearing up at the thought of his next door neighbor.

Sure Simon had always been in love with her, but at times, he just knew that she was what she was afraid of, a butterfly.  Sometimes here, sometimes there, sometimes collected, sometimes disorganized.  Simon knew she couldn't help it, it was just the way she was, and maybe that's what drew him in like moths to a flame. 

And last night, their night together, he forgot she was a butterfly again.  And believed she would stay here with him, grounded.  But in cold weather a monarch migrates to warmer places, they live on with their lives, leaving behind old homes. 

Maybe wherever Talia may be, it's a warmer place.  After all, she's always been that of a princess to Simon. 

But he'll wait for her return, just as the monarch waits for a signal to come home.