{THREE}

ITS WEDNESDAYYYYYYYYY

Simon awoke to police sirens outside his house. Glancing at the alarm clock it was 6:25am, 45 minutes before his alarm was to go off. Ignoring the shrill sirens, Simon turned over to go back to sleep, hoping the noise would just continue on down the street.

But they didn't.

Simon jumps out of bed, opening his blinds to see Talia's window open and down below the bushes all chopped up and crushed. He gasps as he pulls on pajama pants and a t-shirt, running down his stairs and seeing his parents on the front porch talking to an officer.

"What happened?" He asks walking up behind his parents. The police officer stops writng for a moment before looking up at Simon.

"Missing person. It seems that your neighbors daughter has ran away. Locked her bedroom door, escaped out the window, leaving behind her phone and multiple other electronics. All seem to have an erased history and messages, phone calls, and e-mails deleted." he explains quite bluntly. Simon's father turns around to look at his shaken son.

"Do you know anything about this, son?" His father asks. Simon shakes his head in disbelief.

"No, i swear. I was juts with her last night," Simon says. The officer's attention turns unto Simon fully.

"Anything happen that would cause Ms. Haddock to run away?" He asks. Simon shakes his head, still in shock.

"No sir,"

"LIES!" Simon hears a shriek from his front yard as Mrs. Haddock storms through their door, followed closely by Mr. Haddock.

Mrs. Haddock presses her pointer finger into the middle of Simon's chest.

"You are the reason she ran away! Where is she!?" She screams. Simon says nothing as she contiunes to take her anger out on him.

"I caught you with her last night! You dirty rat! Where is my daughter!?"

"Hey! Leave my son alone!" Mrs. Minter says shoving Mrs. Haddock away from the 18-year-old.

"Calm down-" Mr. Haddock is cut off again by his angry wife.

"Do you even know that your son was with my daughter last night?! Fornicating in her bed! No doubt against her will! No wonder she's gone!"

"My son would never hurt anyone!"

"Your son raped my daughter!"

"Simon would never-"

"ENOUGH!" The officer commands, both women calming down immediately.

"Mrs. Haddock, these are serious allegations that Mr. Minter would rape your daughter. You are aware of this?"

"Yes I am, I know he did-"

"Rosa!" Mr. Haddock silences his fuming wife for the final time. She stands shocked at his tone with her, but she is quiet.

"Talia has always been like this." He says putting a hand on her shoulder and looking s the police officer still in the doorway. "She'll come home when she's ready,"

Rosa Haddock's mouth was agape as she was led away by her calm husband. The officer following them out as he asked more questions to the patriarch.

"No, we no longer are in use of your service. My wife apologizes for calling you in at this ungodly hour. Have a blessed morning, sir."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------