Epilgoue 2: The Private And Intimate Life Of The House

Start from the beginning

And she had the biggest crush ever on James Madison Jefferson.

She had already ditched her brother in favor of walking with James to their middle school. 

James had dark blond hair, and green eyes, the only one, except his sister, with light hair in their entire extended family and friends. His hair, as usual, was messy, like he had just tumbled out of bed.

"James, I've been thinking," Angel started thoughtfully.

"Oh, that's never good," James joked, grinning at Angel's annoyed expression.

"We need to give you a nickname," Angel told him. "Jimmy? Jem?"

James expression abruptly became sad. "That was my... well, not my dad's nickname. Dad always called James Madison our dad, because he would've been if he stayed alive."

Angel became silent. She gently grabbed James' hand.

"I think James is good," she whispered, smiling as James' eyes became brighter.

They were early for school, so they sat outside on a bench.

"Hey, um," James started, looking nervously at their entwined hands.

"Yes?" Angel asked, absentmindedly.

"Well, I know we're young and all, but like, I can't ignore that everytime I look at you I feel, well, this is awkward, but yeah, I like you more than a friend? And I mean we don't have to like, kiss or anything, but I just, I dunno, I'd like to see how this goes when we're older."

Angel smiled widely, looking exactly like an angel.

"I've been waiting for you to do something like that!" 

James sighed. "Isn't it funny how we're one of the youngest in our extended family, but we're the ones brave enough to admit this?"

Angel scoffed, "I know, right! Like Pip and Theo, now there's a couple that needs to get together... "

"Ooh, and what about..."

They continued talking till the school bell rang.

The Schuyler-Lafayette household

Peggy was stressfully combing her oldest son's hair, frantically getting the tangles out. He had inherited Laf's messy black hair and Peggy's sweet black eyes.

"Pierre, take better care of your hair!" The boy looked down, not meeting his mother's eyes.

"Non, mon amour, I think his hair looks just fine," Laf winked at his son, who managed a smile.

Peggy gave her husband a death stare. "Don't encourage this, he's only eight!"

All of the talking woke up Pascal, the three year old. He started wailing loudly.

"Laf, get him the milk!" Peggy kissed her older son on the top of his head and sent him out to the block for the bus.

Pierre looked at the sight and sighed at his flustered mother who was struggling to pick up her son until his father was finally able to quiet him. He walked on, looking forward to meeting up with his fellow friends.

The Lewis-Mulligan Household

"Go wake up your dad," Maria told her youngest daughter, Fiona.

Fiona, or Fia as she liked to be called didn't move. "WE HAD A SPY ON THE INSIDE THAT'S RIGHT - " Fia called. Her ombre hair swayed as she threw her head back to scream at her dead.

"HERCULES MULLIGAN!" Herc ran down the stairs in glee. "I heard my name?"

Maria sighed fondly at him. "Maybe you could go do something, Herc? Like wake up Natasha - wait, she's already here."