Pain and Hope

Please ignore the typos:-)

I was reeling from the shock,  why of all people did it have to be Elenora. Wonderful timing too, just as I was about to ask her to be mine, I find out that she has been promised to another.

"Why didn't I say something sooner! You are such a dumb ass James. Why, jus-"

"What should you have said sooner?"

I turned and saw Lady Emma, Prince Antony's Soon-to-be-bride.

"Nothing,"

"Surely it was important, no?"

I looked away

"You know as well as I if anyone was keeping secrets from her, you would pay.
Last time I kept something from her my hair didn't dry for a week until I told her"

She said laughing

I replied with a small laugh

"I know the feeling, one time I made her mad and my clothes didn't dry for days "

We all sat there laughing at memories of Elenora using her power behind her mothers back. 

''You love her don't you?'' came the soft, accented voice in green.  I looked down at my feet 

"We are just friends"

"Well, 'just friends' don't look at each other like that, nor did they talk about the other like that"

"Oh like what?"

I reply with a bit of sharpness in my voice

"With longing, every time you look at her your eyes go soft, every time you talk about her your voice is filled with longing and pride. You can least tell me how you feel about her"

came the words from the wise soon-to-be to-be-royal

"There are some things that can be explained and some things that cannot be, and my feeling for her go far beyond words"

I choked back tears "I need her, she is the air in my lungs, the ground beneath my feet,  the wings that make me soar" I stop telling my tears to stay away "She is my life"

"Si vis amari, ama. If you wish to be loved, love"