chapter two

chapter two.

Alex was standing there, on one knee, holding a ring.

“Amelia Jayne Elizabeth Wilson, will you marry me?”

I cried and threw my arms around Alex.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” I said while wiping my eyes.

I couldn’t let go of Alex.

I didn’t want to.

I wanted to stay here forever.

I put on the engagement ring and couldn’t stop smiling.

I went to bathrooms and pulled out my phone and dialled Nevaeh’s number.

“Nev! Guess what! He proposed! He’s your new soon to be brother in law. Nev! Nev! Nev! Guess what, you’re going to be my maid of honour! I’m gonna drive up this weekend okay? I love you Nevaeh. Bye, speak soon.”

I walked out of the bathroom and had a glass of wine put in my hand before I could say anything.

“Future Mrs Smith, tonight we party like kings and we stress about weddings and headaches tomorrow got it?” Alex said playfully.

I laughed and drank my wine and got another one.

After two and a half bottles of wine and the restaurants closing time we called the night finished and hoped in the car to go home. Alex sat in the driver’s seat of the car and fiddled with the radio before he fell asleep on the horn. I pulled him up and out of the driver’s seat and put him in the passenger’s seat, he looked up.

“I love you so much my soon to be Mrs Smith.” He said with blurred words.

“I love you to Alex.” I said kissing him gently on the lips before sitting in the drivers seat.