Kano Learns More About Her Mother's Past

Start from the beginning

Ronin said to me before he pulled out my chair for me. I smiled at him and I then sat down.

"Now I know where Raiden gets that gentleman side from."

"*Chuckle* well, just like Raiden, I always treat my lovers with respect."

I sweat dropped a little and I thought to myself.

'I'm starting to think this guy is a lady's man..'

"I know what you're thinking, I'm not a lady's man, I only had a few dates going wrong when I was yours and Raiden's age."

I scooted away from him slightly and I said to him.

"Now I am convinced that you're a mind reader."

"I'm just good at guessing."

"You better not be trying to flirt with her, Ronin!"

Kino shouted as he finally showed up in his casual wear. Kino sat down across from me and he said to Ronin.

"Honestly, I starting to wonder if that son of yours might end up like you."

"Don't be ridiculous the only time when I do flirt with a woman is the one who I really cared for."

"Funny coming from a man who left his wife and child at a young age."

Ronin sighed and he spoke up again.

"I had a reason for that, now can you please drop the subject."

The servants came in and they had served us our individual favourites, mines was a roast chicken dinner. I was surprised at this and I was about to ask him.

"How did you-"

"Your friend Aoi told me, I'm a bit surprised when he mentioned you have a massive sweet tooth."

I smiled at him and I then began to eat. As we ate dinner, we talked about a few things including about my Mother and my ancestor. When I told Kino about Katsumi's daughter he was a bit surprised that she wasn't angry at Katsumi for leaving her when she was an infant and I was a bit surprised when he mentioned that Katsumi used to visit him when she was in her teens.

I actually got along with Kino really well surprisingly and I knew he wasn't anything like his brothers or the other vampires which were a relief but I shouldn't let my guard down around him even though I knew that deep down he wasn't going to hurt me. After we had dinner, Ronin showed me some of the tapestries in the hallways and I was surprised that Aoi was involved in one of them. I stared at it for a few seconds and then Ronin spoke up.

"That's Aoi all right along with some of his brethren, they were also involved with the demon war, however, Aoi including some of his friends fled into the human world because Suske used his poison to kill off some of the demons."

"Why?"

I asked Ronin as one of his butlers came over and they gave us some grape juice. Ronin looked back at the tapestry and he started at it like if he was living a fond memory.

"I don't know what his reasons were but what I do know is that Suske cannot be trusted, just like your common snake, they're sneaky and they will trick you, Suske might be using Koga and Sora as his tools, that's why I sealed him off that day because I knew that he would use his poison to kill not only some of us demons but some of the vampires."

"But, how do we stop him?"

"We demons don't have the power to kill off a serpent demon or destroy a vampire that has dark magic but, centuries ago before the vampire hunters organisation was formed, there were other hunters who called themselves demon slayers or demon lords."

I followed Ronin and we ended up in a room and I saw a sword stuck in a stone and I could sense a very powerful aura around it. I heard Aoi gasp in fear and I asked him.

"What's the matter Aoi? why are you afraid of it?"

"That sword is-"

I looked at Ronin and he nodded his head.

"It's the great demon slaying sword, you wanted to know how I knew your mother, it's because she was one of them."

I was shocked by this and then Ronin walked towards it and he gently ran his fingers over the hilt and I could see a barrier shining near his fingertips almost as if they were going to spark at any second. 

"She was? but, why didn't she tell me?"

"Your mother and some of your family members including Katusmi inherited this power but, they too, were also prey being hunted by predators, the exorcists believed that they too, were also demons because they used to fight like demons and they understood their ancient demon language."

Ronin then looked at me and he then said to me.

"When I met your Mother, she told me who and what she is, demon slayer or not, she still had a demon sealed inside of her, but, when she told me about her cancer, she told me to take this sword and hide it and that's what I did, I brought it here and I stabbed it into this stone which is a sealing stone that's used to hide a weapon's power."

"How long has it been here?"

"For quite a long time."

Ronin walked towards me and he gently stroked my cheek and he stared at my mismatched eyes.

"Kano...I'm so sorry for what happened to Amelia, but I know that if she were here right now, she would be very proud of you."

I smiled at Ronin and I then looked back at the sword.

"And you showed me this because I might be a demon lord or lady?"

"Yes, even though you've got a blue flame nekomanta sealed inside of you that won't stop you becoming a demon slayer, Koga will have a hard time looking for you so you've got plenty of time to train and get stronger so that you can slay Koga and Suske once and for all, until you're ready, the sword will remain here."

Ronin said as he looked at the sword and I nodded my head in agreement. Ronin then remembered something.

"Oh that's right, I nearly forgot something."

Ronin went into his pocket and he got a pendant that I knew all too well.

"That's-"

"Yeah, your Mother also asked me to give this back to you, she told me it belonged to your Grandmother, it's supposed to bring you luck she told me."

I smiled at it because I thought for sure that she lost this when she went on a job. Ronin got behind me and then he puts the necklace around my neck and he then said to me.

"I know it won't replace that other necklace you used to wear but this will do."

"At least I still have something of my Oka-san, thank you Ronin."

Ronin then offered his arm and he said to me.

"You're welcome, shall we head back upstairs to have some dessert?"

"Of course, I could do with something sweet right now."

I said with a smile as I wrapped my arm around his arm unaware that the sword glowed brightly like if it was happy to see me.

TO BE CONTINUED...