"Chin up bro, you did good. Any idea what caused it?"

"No idea"

"Never mind. Come on let's go, you've had a hard day and I'm exhausted from kicking your scrawny ass on the court today. Before we go, promise me that you are not going to get any more involved than you already are bro. You have done your good Samaritan act so leave it there eh? This guy sounds like a dick," I say, unconvinced that he is going to listen.

Samuels POV

By the time I leave the Music Suite, it was close to dark. There are a lot of mixed feelings going through my head and for the first time, I feel completely lost. Usually I would take my frustration out on the first kid that comes my way but today, I didn't feel that was going to help. I need to talk to someone. I catch a glimpse of my left bicep and know exactly where to go.

It didn't take long to get to the middle of town. The street was semi busy, most cars heading in the direction of the travelling circus set up in the middle of central park. A few familiar faces catch my attention but I notice their happiness fade when they see me approach. I was starting to despise myself for making people feel this way but then I remember the reason why people were intimidated. Just last month, I had knocked out most of the football team for making too much noise during practice while I was trying to enjoy a cigarette behind the gym. 'I am a monster' I think to myself.

The water fountain in the middle of the park looks inviting so I dart towards it. I draw closer and see two figures laughing. To my surprise, I recognise one almost immediately. My heart starts beating like crazy as I glance over at the olive complexion kid. I have no idea why sweat is forming on my brow and butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I sit down on the park bench as weakness starts to consume my body. As my head starts to spin, I look up to the heavens and pray there is not a repeat of what happened back at the Suite, 'not here, not now please' I beg motioning my hands into a praying gesture. After a few deep breaths, I draw the courage to stare over at the familiar figure that stood a few paces away. This time, the laughter had stopped and staring back were two widened green eyes accompanied by a face that advertised hatred all over it. Instantly I feel sick to my gut as the last words he said to me played in my head. Stumbling to my feet, I look towards the reason I am here and stagger towards the eastern side of the park. As I distance myself further away from the fountain, I breathe a sigh of relief as my bodily functions return to normal.

Reaching the eastern side of the park, I arrive in front of the large white iron-gate. It's been a while since I was last here so I take a moment to think before I unlock the gate and move in. This place still gives me the creeps but I need to speak with her so I make my way to the pathway that I had walked several times before. The sound of the kids lining up in front of the circus echoed through the air and the soft breeze whistled through the trees. Finally arriving at my destination, I scan the leaf ridden area that my little angel now calls home.

I kneel down and sit beside her "How are you doing little sis? I hope God and his angels are taking good care of you. If they are not, your big brother will be there in a flash to kick their asses okay" I chuckle.

I continue, "I will bring Mitsy next time. That furball misses you just as much as I do. Chloe, you should see her stomach, it drags along the ground when she walks so I think she is stealing the food from the neighbour's cat because there is no way we are feeding her that much."

"And as for me, I am doing a lot better than I was doing the last time I came to see you. Dr Weerzhinger has seen great improvement and says that my medication dosages can be cut back in about a month if I continue doing well. I had a bit of a moment earlier today but as you can see, I am fine now", I tell her as butterflies form in my stomach which I arrogantly ignore.

"Music is going really good too. I am still playing the drums and have a performance in front of the class next month. Not sure what I'll be playing but as soon as I decide, I will be back to let you know. And yes, I can already hear what you are saying and my reply is - I'll have to think about it first. There is already somebody in our class that may be playing the piano and I would sound like a complete amateur once the class hear him rattle those keys. Yesterday, he played a piece that you would have loved Chloe. The song got me thinking of you and I kind of had a meltdown in the Music Suite", I say as my heart starts to beat faster.

I look down towards my feet as I continue to talk with Chloe, "I also have a confession. In as little as two days, I have discovered feelings that I never knew existed. One minute I am feeling invincible, like nobody can touch me but then this foreigner appears out of nowhere and I turn into a mouse. Today is a perfect example, I was in the Music Suite reminiscing over his remarkable performance yesterday and moments later I blackout. Then I awake to find myself lying in his crotch which would usually gross me out but it didn't. Instead, I was welcoming his touch and allowed his smile to penetrate through my invisible shield that I created when you left me. But after a while, I got scared of all the feelings that were washing over me so I asked him to go away and leave me alone. He stared back with hope but my pride got in the way and you can imagine how that turned out. These indescribable feelings when I am near him are driving me insane. Is there something wrong with me Chloe - why does my heart beat a billion beats when he is near? Why do I sweat like I've run a marathon when I am in his presence. Sis, all these questions I need answers to but I have no clue where to find them. I need you to guide me through this please. I want to be able to talk with him just the way I do with you. I want to know what makes him smile. I want to know his favourite colour. I want to know what songs he likes to sing. I want to know everything about him but I know deep down inside that I do not deserve it because I am a horrible monster. Am I such a bad person that I do not deserve happiness?" I bleep as tears start to stream down my cheek. If my life couldn't get any worse, the crackling of leaves catch me off guard and my heart nearly jumps out of my throat when the familiar foreign accent creeps up from behind and whispers, "Everybody deserves happiness mate. And my favourite colour is blue"

FML

Dane's POV

Judging by the fiery grey eyes that are staring back at me, I get the impression that I am not welcome here. I leap onto my feet just in time to miss the fist that goes flying past my left cheek. I release a sigh of relief.

"I'm not here to cause any trouble" I shout to the angry character dressed in the same clothing he wore earlier in the day.

He stumbles to his feet and stomps over to me like a bear overdosed on steroids. The thought of calling out for help crosses my mind but before I could open my mouth, I trip over a branch and fall onto my butt, 'O shit' I grumble. The light beaming from the lamp post to the left of Chloe's grave was now blocked by the shadow of death that is hovering over me. I wriggle backwards on my butt hoping to escape from this nightmare but in the blink of an eye, the angry being had me pinned to the gravel and was now pounding the living shit out of me. I try to block the blows but his left hand grabs both my arms while the right fist continues to treat my body like a punching bag.

The punches continue thick & fast and the sound of bones crunching fill the air. The lunatic shouts in a low deep voice, "Why the fuck are you here you piece of shit? Do you realise what you have done to me? Fuck you, I fucken hate you". Each strike is causing excruciating pain and before long, I think I see a tunnel with an angel asking me to walk towards a white light.

A few broken bones later, the punches stop. I glimpse up through one eye and the athletic-built giant has cupped his face in both hands. "What have I done?" he sobs as thick trails of tears stream down his cheek. He takes a cloth from his pocket and bends over to wipe my face. After a few wipes, he leans forward placing his face on top of mine and I feel his tears splattering on my cheek. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath as his huge arms engulf my body. When he re-opens his eyes, I manage to catch a glimpse of the pain that lies beneath those piercing grey eyes. He catches me staring into his soul and turns away briefly. When he gazes back, he brushes the tip of my nose with his thumb while more tears stream down his face. He moves closer and softly whispers, "I hate you, you hear me, I hate you". At this point, I can slowly feel my body giving up. The unbearable pain handed to me by this ogre is taking its toll and I feel my world turning black. My eyes slowly force themselves close. I try to fight it but as I take a deep breath, the last thing I recall is a pair of soft lips brush against my forehead followed by the words "I'm sorry" whispered into my left ear. My world turns completely black.