thirteen - i'll do it myself (END CREDITS)

chapter xiii.
(   end credits   )

why aren't you scared of me?
why do you care for me?
when we all fall asleep,
where do we go?
bury a friend ─── billie eilish

why aren't you scared of me?why do you care for me?when we all fall asleep,where do we go?bury a friend ─── billie eilish

avengers facility, upstate new york
may 28, 2015
(   third person point of view   )

The night is a warm and comfortable one. So many stars hover in the sky and cicadas can be heard softly humming in the woods that stands tall nearby the new Avengers facility. Most, if not all, of the people within the new facility are asleep. A captain, an assassin, two soldiers, a witch, an AI, and a girl. They are all lying within their own separate rooms, their lights switched off and their lives silent to the world for the next few hours. Almost everything is peaceful. Almost everything is the same as it's always been.

But the girl's room...

The girl's room is different.

A cream file stays sprawled out on Lisa Stark's nightstand that stands beside her bed.

It's open.

Its papers and pictures are scattered everywhere, litering the floors and the sheets of the bed.

A mirror has been shattered. The desk and its chair are overturned. Picture frames are cracked, the faces of the smiling people behind hard to see and so very distant. Artwork has been ripped apart and destroyed. Sheets and curtains alike have been torn. Droplets of blood stain the carpet.

The room is a mess.

The girl that lies within the bed is even worse.

She's fitful. She's uneasy. She tosses and turns and she's caught somewhere far, far away, but she doesn't sleep. She's not asleep. Her wild brown hair clings to her forehead and her head repeatedly twitches as the visions keep flashing. She gasps and whimpers. The vision is not the nightmare surrounding her, it's not the reason for the decimated room and the open cream file, but it's still something that will change the course of her future.

The girl suddenly gives into a scream, throwing herself off of the bed before she lands in a pile of sheets on the floor. She whimpers and struggles to pull in air, still twitching ever so slightly. Her fingernails claw into the carpet as she grits her teeth so hard that it's a miracle she does not shatter her teeth. She's breathing heavily and her forehead and neck are wet with sweat and with tears. She slowly rises to her hands and knees; her eyes a horrifically glowing blue.

Lisa Stark's entire body trembles as she whispers in a voice so very otherworldly, "Fine. I'll do it myself."

The Starks Will Return

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, crap! Your thoughts? Can't wait for the next chapter, you guys! Please do stick around with me here! We have been building to something this entire time and gah, I'm excited.

Vote, comment, and follow!

Funny Thingamabob:

From an Iron Man 3 deleted scene about Tony, and oh my gosh, Happy is so mean