Chapter 10 - Flying Lesson

Beginne am Anfang

"Hey now," Y/N softly called, scotching closer to the boy to lean into his extended hands, "just as you said, you told her the truth. It would have hurt her more if you lead her on, which I knew you wouldn't do."

"I know, you taught me better." whispered the boy, getting comfortable in the cushion. "It just..."

"It's just the right thing to do, Nathan." Y/N insisted. "What you did is right, either way you could said it, you would have hurt her if you lied and, as I said, lead her on to false hope. It will be her choice if she will be mature about this or not."

The blond boy let out a sigh and so their lunch time was finished and they have to return to their classes. Y/N had Flying Lesson then with Ravenclaw's 1st years, and believe it or not, Y/N's fear heights –well maybe the takeoff and landing would be the right one to point since Y/N enjoys riding the broom and the experience –had been conquered!

Madam Hooch is just perfect too!

Y/N can admit, since she's aware of Homosexuality –I mean she does have two women as her parents for crying out loud –in a very young age, that she's having a crush on the Flying instructor. What was it with her liking older people, it's really embarrassing!

The woman had been a good teacher at her subject and sometimes, Y/N would share chattering with the woman and laughing with her. 'I mean, those eyes are like... hawk-like, and when it's not hidden by her goggles, they seem so piercing and all.' thought Y/N. It had been so fun in her class too! And the woman, just so fortunate for Y/N, would always assure her about safeness when riding a broom.

So yes, Y/N always seems eager when on Madam Hooch classes. After all, it seems to be all fun and games. Y/N was given a broom then, the one she suspect she had always use in the class, and on the teacher's command, ride it. She felt something amiss.

"What's wrong, N/N?" asked the little Nelson when she noticed Y/N hadn't takeoff just yet.

"Y-yeah, I just feel like the broom felt different and all." muttered Y/N as she grips the said broom between her thighs that she was mounting. She got an amused look from Mia then and Y/N caught the accusation. "And no, I'm not really that scared anymore!" Y/N pouts. "I just feel... an intuition."

"Well, wanna exchange?" Mia offered, "Surely it doesn't have any difference as you feel."

"I guess..." and so Y/N trade broom with Mia.

"L/N, Nelson, get with it already!" dictated their teacher, wanting to start with the class.

And shockingly, and quite suspicious, the broom that Mia once mount didn't feel like hers at all. And before Y/N could even voice this, Mia already lift her own self up with a cheer "Here we go!"

"M-Mia!" called Y/N but it was too late, the girl was already lifted high up. And what made things worse that Mia's broom starts acting up.

Mia hold into her broom tight, not wanting to fall as the broom acted up on its own, acting like a roller coaster in Y/N's eyes, "W-whoa! What the...!"

"Nelson!" belted Madam Hooch, "Stop this instance!"

"Oh Merlin...!" Y/N finally realized, "It's been jinx!" she alerted all, recalling feeling amiss with the broom a minute ago.

"I-I can't!" responded Mia who then screamed when the broom dived down. "It's doing it on its –ahhhhhh!"

Having to act on her instinct, Y/N mount her broom and commanded it to takeoff. "L/N!" gasps the teacher, "No don't!" but it was too late.

Y/N had really dashes, chasing the broom that seems to have picked this up and had ridden away. "Mia, hold on!" Y/N instructed, getting closer. Mia's cries were loud and all the 1st year that had only watched, some are screaming in fear and those who were in the air dodges them and get down. When now flying beside the jinxed broom, Y/N reach out her hand for Mia, belting "Grab my hand!" But the Hufflepuff was too scared. Y/N, even at this speed, didn't miss the tears in the girl's hand. Then, they had to part away quickly when they start hiding towards one of the castle's tower and Y/N quickly heads back beside her friend to rescue her. "Come on, Mia, just reach my hand, I have you!"