Chapter 4: Typical Mornings

Rose POV

I was tired. No scratch that I was exhausted. My whole night was consumed with thoughts of him, resulting in absolutely no sleep. The purplish bags underlining my pale blue eyes only proved that.

Why did he have to be so annoyingly cute and keep me up all night, overthinking everything that had happened between us?

I sigh and force myself to forget about my twat of a best friend. My main focus should be on getting home, not on him. I spent too much of my night thinking of him. With Scorp out of my mind, I  descended down the worn out stairs into the kitchen.

It was early in the morning, so there was no surprise when it was only Grandma Molly cooking up a storm in the kitchen. It wasn't unusual to see Grandma, waving her wand around, sending various objects flying to and from the stove, but it was odd to see her with her red hair, instead of her usual gray.

"Morning Grandma!" I chirp, sliding out a chair and taking a seat at the table.

Grandma whips around to face me with an overjoyed grin on her face.

"Oh morning Rose." She says, her grin never faltering.

I send her a hesitant smile, a little unnerved by her constant stares and smiles. Grandma Molly was a very loving person, always giving us affectionate hugs and occasional kisses on the cheeks, but now this was reaching the point of creepy.

"Do you need help with anything?" I ask, getting up to stand over her shoulder, peering at the bacon that was cooking on the stove. 

"Oh no dear." She insists, waving her hands. "You're our guests. You shouldn't have to lift a finger."

"It is no problem." I assure her, grabbing the wooden spatula from the counter top. "I help you all the time when we come over."

"You do?" Grandma's weird grin appears again and suddenly I realized why she was acting so out of the ordinary, she wasn't use to being called Grandma yet.

"Oh ya." I nod, scrambling the eggs. "Al is useless in the kitchen, as are Hugo and Fred. Anytime the try and help you always have to put out a fire. James is surprisingly handing when it comes to cooking, but he hates to do it. He'll only do it when Lily asks." I tell her. This only fuels her smile.

"Tell me more." She begs.

I bite my lip hesitantly. There were so many potential dangerous in sharing secrets of the future, but really what harm could come from telling her about our family life? Besides we'd have to wipe their memories before we left. 

Happily, I oblige and tell her about her relationship with her future grandkids. I tell her about all the pranks James and Fred have pulled together, our summers at the Burrow, how Roxanne helps her knit sweaters, annual quidditch matches and so much more. I talk until breakfast is completely finished and the table is set.

"One time, Teddy got really upset with James, so he changed his hair to look like Uncle Harry's and grounded James." I snort unattractively, recalling the event. "Aunt Ginny came around the corner and only saw the back of Teddy's head and thought that Uncle Harry was actually grounding James and told him to listen to his father. James was grounded for a solid two weeks, before he finally convinced Aunt Ginny that Teddy was the one that actually tried to ground him."

Grandma Molly howls with laughter, her eyes shining brighter with every story I share with her.

"I remember that." A voice chuckles behind us. Scorp comes into the room, causing my heart to flutter. "James wouldn't talk to Teddy for a whole month, because of it."