Chapter 6 : The Spear Training

Note : Statements enclosed within '#' like '# statement #' are system messages or similar type of messages 

Proodread by Max Lambon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past

“Why are you going now? Come with me. Let’s go to Subway.”

Dishita was running behind Rohit in an attempt to stop him.

“I am sorry, I gotta go. I only have 2 hours and then my most important day in the game is gonna start.”

“But, if it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t have even gotten to know about the class test and you’d have missed it. So, you owe it to me. Come on, it wouldn’t take even 30 minutes.”

Rohit thought for a minute. It was true that he’d have missed the test if it weren’t for her. She is his only friend in the whole college and vice-versa is also probably true. Who’d want to befriend a girl who covers her body from head to toe when she is a teen? Even though she is slim and might even look good if she put on some make-up, dressed properly, and let her hair fall freely over her shoulders instead of tying them up in double braids.

As he was in his imaginary world, he looked at Dishita and imagined her with untied hair and a good one piece on her body.

’Shit, she would definitely look good. I will ask her to do all those things when she is my girlfriend. Girlfriend? What the hell I’m thinking? No! No!’

“I know you are my only friend here and thanks for letting me know about the test but you see the problem is that I have a really important day today and I can’t be late.”

She stopped her feets, pouting.

“Okay.”

Rohit couldn’t stop himself after seeing her pouted face.

“Fine, but I will leave after 30 minutes. Is that okay?”

“Sure but tell me your character name in The Sphere.”

“Worm.”

*

3:45 a.m. (Game Time)

“Today is the last day for our quest, Adalwolf. If we don’t bring the wood today, master probably won’t teach us fighting tactics probably. And you have grown in these two months, haven’t you?”

Adalwolf’s head now stood at a height of 1 metre from the ground instead of 20 centimeters, as when Worm had found him. He looked mighty and majestic because of his white fur. Adalwolf listened to Worm and nodded happily. The relationship between these two had changed. After suffering through unimaginable pains together, they have become close.

Adalwolf didn’t do his head tilt routine anymore with Worm. However, that arrogant routine was always done on someone else now — their master, Sanderp. Worm continued talking.

“Do you remember when I told you that I hadn’t planned on becoming stronger but now I want to take revenge and that’s why I am enduring all these pains to become stronger? Well, that is true but I hid one thing from you.”

Adalwolf stared at Worm with unpleasant eyes. He didn’t like that his master hid something from him.

“That Linxx also got himself a pet. But his pet is better than any other pet in this world – a dragon. In his quest of Fighter Genk, the dragon was as small as you when I found you. But its flying speed was unimaginable. It disappeared from one place and then, in an instant, appeared at someplace else, usually behind other wolves.