Chapter 4

A/N: The plot thickens here. Will we find ourselves in Japan soon?

----

------LinkedIn Blog Post-----

10 Things I learnt being a Content Writer for 4 years.

Have you ever wondered what is it to be a writer for life?

I mean to be a writer by choice and to make that choice as a profession?

Well, we live in a capitalist world where I am no longer judged based on my gender, but rather by my capabilities to monetize my skills.

I am a writer struck in a body of a girl who is expected to base a career on her passion to write. Did you know that she has given up writing for the pleasure of it? She has now started to writing for the sake of it.

Her pen mocks at her for being a failure. Does her readers think of that too?

Well, it seems for most of the part, that's not the case. Her readers do like her work, some love it. Maybe not for the artistic intricacy, but rather for her ability to preserve and keep writing even when she wants to give up.

Before, I delve on the darker world of the commercial creativity, let me quickly list out the top 10 things I learnt as a Content Writer for 4 years!

1. Deadlines are there for a reason. So, by hook or crook, you must finish them on the time.

2. Client is the God. More like audience should be kept in the mind before you produce any content.

3. Grammar matters more than you'd like to give it some credit.

4. Time to socialize and create more relatable content.

5. Consistency is the key in anything. You can expect to sustain on viral content, but rather create sustainable content every now and then.

6. You may be paid less, but as a newbie, it's the profile that matter. So, crave out each content with extra care!

7. It's okay to give your critical parent some rest. More like learn to take criticism from self and others productively.

8. Productivity is the key. Busy doesn't mean being productive. Time to get organized!

9. Be a student for life. Keep learning. Try to broaden your niche and keep experimenting.

10. Talking of experimentation, try collaboration and take on projects, after effectively weighing their pros and cons. Being associated with the wrong kind of company, i.e., the company with which your ideals don't match is an utter waste of energy.

Bonus point:

11. Create an unique brand image that you can always fall upon. Carefully curate your content to match that brand.

It's easier to spew advice. Rather than advice these are genuine lessons, I've learnt being a content writer for about 4 years now. I started out as a young writer trying to market to see how one can monetize their skills. I can't say I am the pro in the subject. But, all I can say is that this form of commercial creativity did teach me how to modify creativity to a one-fit-suit-all solutions.

Although, one can't guarantee them to work every time. But they, do work time to time effectively. So, these were some of the major lessons, I learnt for being a content creator for years!

-*-

Takana couldn't take his eyes off the write-up that glared on the screen.

The write-up had a touch of reality and vulnerability that made it even more unique. He knew exactly what Vani was trying to do.