Chapter 3

NOT EDITED

Today is the day the alpha of the Black Mountain pack comes. I'm not sure what he'll be like but I don't think anyone could be as worse or worse than Alpha Derek. He's supposed to be a horrible person and just thinking of the things people say about him makes me want to stay as far away from him as possible.

Making my way to the kitchen I decide to make the pack pancakes because I know it will put them in a good mood for the Alpha's visit. They may be cruel to me but I somehow still don't want them to get on his bad side or get hurt.

2 hours later

I just finished the pancakes when the first few kids started barrelling down the stairs, I took this a sign to leave the kitchen and tidy up around the house until the alpha comes.

I dust all the nick knacks that decorate the house and vacuum the couches because they have a bunch of crumbs on them due to the messy kids that live in the house.

I'm on my way to the kitchen to clean up all the packs dishes since they never do it themselves. Though, some of the ladies do theirs every meal and they treat me well, I think they pity me. In a way I kind of pity them, their heart is telling them that the way I'm treated is wrong but their mind is telling them that if they try to do something about it they'll be punished. It's probably very conflicting.

Some time later

Outside I can hear the sound of tires driving along our gravel roads and all of a sudden my wolf is starting to feel giddy.

'Leah what's wrong?'

'I don't know Angie, I feel like something is gonna happen'

'It's probably nothing, right?'

Silence is all I hear, no response from Leah. Though, I can feel her waiting in the back of my mind, still feeling very anxious.

"ANGELICA!" I jump at the sudden voice of Alpha Derek and start to head downstairs because I know that's what he wants me to do. I go down the steps quickly skipping a stair each time trying to get down faster. Once I'm at the bottom I wait patiently for Alpha to finish talking to his beta. Once their done talking I finally make my presence known.

"Yes Alpha Derek?" I timidly say trying to be submissive

"I want you to be on your best behaviour today, Alpha Michael is pulling up now. I need you to accommodate to his every need and show him to his room. He's had a long trip and he must be tired." The whole time Alpha Derek was saying his voice was low and commanding, almost as if he was daring me to fight back. I simply nodded and backed away the corner of the room.

I realise what Alpha Derek wants me to do and I'm terrified. I basically have to spend every second of Alpha Michael's trip with him and I have to talk to him. I start letting out short ragged breaths and clutch the shirt I'm wearing like it's a life line. The Luna seems to notice my stress and walks over to me.

"Are you okay hon?" she asks in a voice as sweet as honey.

I look up at her and she sees the panic in my eyes. Next she does something I did not expect at all, she hugs me. Somehow with her hug all my worries drift away, I hug her back but then pull away quickly.

"You'll be okay Angelica, don't worry." her voice is so soft and smooth I can't help but believe her.

"Thank you Luna" I reply with a quiet and a genuine smile.

Leah starts pacing in my mind frantically looking around.

'Leah?'

Luna walks away just as the door opens and I quickly look down. I can feel an aura of power and hear very heavy footsteps come closer and closer. Suddenly I smell the most amazing scent ever, lemons. I always loved the smell of lemons because my mom used to make lemon meringue pie with me.

Leah is now running around in my mind, begging me to look up.

And I do.

I am greeted with the most beautiful pair of striking green eyes right in front of me. All the air is knocked out of my lungs and I continue to stare at them completely mesmorized. I feel like I'm floating on cloud nine.

I finally snap back to reality when I am pushed up against the wall by the man and I can feel tingles dance across the skin that he's touching. The next word that leaves his beautiful pair of lips has me completely shocked and utterly.

"Mine"

A/N

Sorry my chapters are so short, I never actually realised how hard it was to write. All the writers out there don't get enough recognition for all they do.

PS. Something weird happened with the last chapter and it posted without me finishing it so sorry it was really short.

See you in the next chapter.

-Melodee