Ch.7: Fire

Y/N's POV

       Every time I look at Shane, he gives me bad vibes. Myself and Dale seemed to have the same thing in mind, that is until he met his deadline. He seemed to have died yesterday. Even though he didn't know me, I miss him. I looked up to him.

        That night when he had died, that walker. The same walker Carl encountered, ripped Dale apart, literally. I fell asleep after staying up three nights straight. I should've stayed up a fourth. I could've saved Dale. I'm so disappointed in myself.

        I've been seeing Carl only by glance. It's as if he has forgotten about me. Just the diary that has been shoved under the bed. He told Shane about going out in the forest and encountering the walker. He didn't tell him about me, I was happy that he had kept his promise. I wonder, if everyone has known about me by now, would Carl might've been a sibling to me?

        I've always wanted a sibling around my age. I was always an only child. Sometimes, I'd beg my parents if I could have a sibling. I've always felt so lonely. I had friends and my paremts, but even they didn't feel close to me. I also wasn't able to show him how to use a dagger today, he hadn't come by at all.

        I later saw Shane and the hostage go into the woods. I had thought that he had found a way to solve the problem with him and that the others were aware of it. That is, until everyone went to the barn and started panicking. Then Shane came back bloody, and alone. Something was definitely not right.

        It was dark, everyone except for Rick, Shane, Glenn, and Daryl were in the house. I was worried. I had hoped that they would've found the hostage by now. I waited and waited. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw two figures come out of the woods.

        One of the figures pointed a gun at the other. Taking me out of my thoughts, a voice ringed in my ears.

"(Y/N)." They whispered.

        I looked down and found Carl standing in front of me.

"You shouldn't be here. I may not know what exactly is going on but it's not safe. Go back inside the house." I said.

"No. I need to find my dad. He hasn't came back." he protested.

"I'm aware of that." I said.

        After saying that, I looked back to the figures alone in the dark. The gun was still pointed at the other guy. Then it came to me. Rick and Shane. I was able to tell by a bald head. Since Shane had shaved his head after he came back from the errand to get the supplies from the school to save Carl life from the bullet.

"I think I found your dad." I said looking over to the two figures.

"Where?" Carl questioned.

        I led my finger to the direction of the two men. I got my stuff ready and climbed down the tree, I brought everything with me. Carl had left running towards them. It took me a while to get down as always. Right when I got off the tree, I heard a gunshot.

*shit. Shit. SHIT.*

        I began walking in the direction of the two figures. I saw that Carl had beaten me there, it looked like Rick was okay. Then the other figure, which I now confirm was Shane, stood back up as a walker. From a distance, I saw and heard a whole bunch of walkers coming our way. I ran all the way to the house.

        I didn't care anymore, I wasn't about to let anyone else die tonight. I was out in the open, I took my hand guns out and had them in both of my hands.I was half way there. I turned around and saw Rick and Carl still walking as if they weren't aware of the walkers behind them. They really weren't aware.