Prologue

It was around 11 pm when I decided to take a leisure walk on the dirt path by my house. I was walking around the path by the Potter's House, and I was hearing quiet, murmuring voices. I could only make out a few words. "James put.....sleep", " ...is coming, we need to... cautious." Who's coming and why? Well of course I didn't think much of it since I was 13 years old when their son, Harry Potter, was an infant. I stuffed my hands in my pockets, confused, and made my way back to my house. I trudged up the stairs to my snug bed and slowly drifted to sleep. I woke up the next morning to my alarm, telling me that I had to go baby-sit Harry Potter. In all honesty, I didn't mind since Harry was quite the star child. My morning was quite strange, might I say. When I went downstairs, I lifted my hand to get a handle on the swaying chandelier and the Nutella jar started to float. My jaw dropped and I let go of the glass bowl in my hand, causing shards of glass to spread everywhere. I turned around to get the dust bin but when I turned around the glass shards were gone. I blinked, hard, and when I opened my eyes cautiously, the glass shards still weren't there. I carefully made my way to get the bat and went around the house to see if there was an intruder, which was quite impossible. I seriously wished my mom, Janette, was here. She would know what to do. Once I was sure that there was no one around, I set the bat down and carried on with my day. 2 o'clock came and I was grabbing my bike and racing down the streets to the Potter's House. As I got there I saw James, Harry's dad, and he tipped his hat towards me and I smiled politely. I walked down their silver floors and saw Harry peacefully sleeping. I marveled at the sight of him, cuddled in a tiny bundle. He opened his eyes and looked at me curiously, probably forgetting the many times that I baby-sat him. Then Lily, Harry's mom, came in and questioned me with furrowed eyebrows "Will you be okay with Harry, Noah?" I nodded my head and she left. I grabbed Harry's toys and started teasing him a bit. He giggled every time I made a funny face. At 8pm I set Harry down to sleep, and I went and plopped on the couch to watch television. I fell asleep until I heard the door open. My eyes fluttered open and saw James and Lily talking in hushed voices. I got up and slowly made my way towards them and said that I would be off now. They curtly nodded their heads and I walked out. I was walking along the path, when I saw a tall, skinny man approaching the Potter's House. He had small beady eyes and a wooden stick in his hand. He was wearing a black coat with a bright green snake on the back. His shiny bald head glistened in the moonlight. I saw him scanning the area, almost as if he was checking if there was anyone nearby. His sharp eyes cut through the moonlight. He was getting close to where I was standing and I dove behind a giant oak tree that seemed to come out of nowhere, weird. I peeked out, expecting him to ring the doorbell but my eyes bulge out of my sockets when I see him disappear into thin air. I was still dealing with the initial shock, when blood curdling screams shook me out of it. A deep, booming, gruff voice that shook every bone in my body, spoke unnatural foreign words that I couldn't comprehend. A blinding flash of green light occurred, making me blind momentarily. Silence cut through the air, stronger than ever. I hear nothing from inside the house. I silently watch as a big burly man with a bushy beard whisks Harry away. I see something glinting on Harry's forehead, as the burly man sets him down, into the night, on the porch of one's house on Privet Drive.