“Everyone, you’ve worked hard! Have some candy.” After giving some to Pei Ying, she handed some to the walk-on beside her. He was taken aback and asked excitedly, “I get some too? I’m just a walk-on.”

“Does that matter when handing out wedding candies? Look at your face, all covered in blood. You must have worked hard. Hurry and wash that off.”

In the span of five minutes, the walk-on was nearly moved to tears once more. “Hnng… Thank you! You’re Teacher Xing Xin’s editor, right? You’re so nice, and beautiful too!”

“…Hehe. You sure know how to flatter someone.” Mrs Xing Xin was a bit embarrassed by his words. “It’s all Teacher Xing Xin’s fault for writing detective novels, causing everyone to work so hard. But as a corpse in one of his stories, you’ll at least have a name!”

Xing Xin, “….”

At the side, Pei Ying blinked, suddenly wondering at the mysterious atmosphere.”

“Ms Pei, please have some candy! Your portrayal of Zhao Yue is just amazing! I’m really looking forward to the movie!”

“Thank you.” Pei Ying grabbed some candy and glanced over at the director.

His profile looked especially desolate.

After Teacher Xing Xin’s wife finished handing out candy, the two didn’t stay much longer. Pei Ying heard that they were heading off to their honeymoon soon.

As he watched them leaving, Director Zhao angrily muttered, “Ah… He’s not at all concerned about his novel’s adaptation. Ever since we started filming, he’s just been busy with his wedding. If there’s anything he’s unsatisfied with later, I’m not taking responsibility.”

Pei Ying was eating a piece of wedding candy, and she felt that the director’s words were…quite sour. But, in all fairness, he’d finally sent away Mrs Mo, and then came a Mrs Xing Xin. Of course he’d be a bit bitter.

She wondered if he’d made up with is wife yet.

They filmed late into the night before finally finishing for the day. Song Nanchuan personally came to the set to pick up Pei Ying, and from his expression, she could tell he was very unhappy with how late she was.

“Director Zhao, how are things with your wife?”

Hearing Song Nanchuan ask the question she’d just been thinking about, Pei Ying’s ears perked up as she listened. Director Zhao was packing away the camera equipment as he said, “She said she’d take her time to consider things.”

“Is that so. So then, this is your probation period. You’ll have to put on a good performance.” Song Nanchuan raised his wrist to look at his watch. “She’ll definitely take issue with filming lasting until this late hour.”

Director, “….”

From what he could see, the one taking issue was Song Nanchuan.

“Director, we’ll take our leave then.” Pei Ying chuckled and pulled Song Nanchuan over to the car.

“Mmh, go on, leave.” Stop staying here to blind his eyes. One couple a day was enough.

Pei Ying followed Song Nanchuan into the car, and then she fed a piece of wedding candy to him. “Does it taste good? It’s for Teacher Xing Xin’s wedding.”

Song Nanchuan nodded slightly. “I heard that he got lost to his own wedding ceremony and he ended up being late.”

“….” Pei Ying was silent for a moment. So the director really hadn’t slandered him by calling him directionally challenged. “What happened to the bride then?”